LPI Interface problem on 23# wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As per my other thread, I managed to break my hog regs while on holidays, which meant I had to use rental regs. The shop had around 40 sets of newish regs in good condition, they were mostly Apeks and Aqualung.

Of their regs, I could only find one set where the LPI hose would actually mate properly with the LPI connector. The rest wouldn't "lock", or if they did so, took so much effort that I wouldn't dive it as they were seriously hard to disconnect.

Have I managed to damage the inflator interface somehow? It works perfectly with the supplied hose that I got with the wing. Strange.

P.S. LOVED the 23# wing in the water. So stable, no tank roll, not taco'ing, easy to vent, no trapped air etc. In future i'd take a steel plate, but took the red ali plate to save weight. EVERYONE commented on the setup, it looks so cool.
It's just a shame that red goes black under-water, all the photos look like i'm diving a black wing :)

As per my other thread, I managed to break my hog regs while on holidays, which meant I had to use rental regs. The shop had around 40 sets of newish regs in good condition, they were mostly Apeks and Aqualung.

Of their regs, I could only find one set where the LPI hose would actually mate properly with the LPI connector. The rest wouldn't "lock", or if they did so, took so much effort that I wouldn't dive it as they were seriously hard to disconnect.

Have I managed to damage the inflator interface somehow? It works perfectly with the supplied hose that I got with the wing. Strange.

P.S. LOVED the 23# wing in the water. So stable, no tank roll, not taco'ing, easy to vent, no trapped air etc. In future i'd take a steel plate, but took the red ali plate to save weight. EVERYONE commented on the setup, it looks so cool.
It's just a shame that red goes black under-water, all the photos look like i'm diving a black wing :)

Different manufacturers of LP hoses can sometimes have slight interior diameter differences or use slightly different sized sealing o-rings up inside their LP inflator connections but to answer your questions. NO it doesnt sound like you have damaged you LPI connector and No we have not had any indication of a mating problem with anyone elses inflator hoses so far.

Please let me know by pm'ing me if there is anything else I can do to assist you.
Safe Diving
Jack Schmidt - Edge/HOG Operations Manager.

I too have found on occasion, that I have one or two "standard" fitting LPI hoses that won't mate up. One thing I have found that makes for a great "save a dive" item is the QD adapter the I found at LP. it threads on any LP hose, and fits everything I have. That, and a spare reg hose = many dive saving options. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom