Dive/Pre-dive switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichKirby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As the manual is somewhat unclear on this :)D), is the pre-dive switch position on the Epic 12 away from you and the dive switch position towards your mouth? I've never had regs with adjustments on them before, so I'm just making sure. Btw, these regs look to be built like a tank. Can't wait to try them out for real in a couple of weeks.

If you look on the plastic body right behind the switch there is an indented "symbol" (for lack of a better word) ... it looks something like a volume symbol. Turn it towards the larger side of the symbol to open up the venturi control & make it easier to breathe.

Sorry for the vague description. I'm having a hard time describing what I'm trying to say. My wife has Edge regs and I noticed it but don't remember what direction it is off the top of my head.

away from you when in mouth on the dive/pre dive is pre dive, towards you is the dive position.

The adjustment knob away from you is easier cracking, towards you is harder

Diving these babies next weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom