IP Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony387

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased an EDGE Exp regulator. After about 10 dives on it, I am experiencing a slow leak through the mouthpiece. Cracking adjustment and use of the venturi switch has no effect, still leaks. However, after connecting the second stage to a scubapro mk2 first stage, it stopped. Based on this, I am fairly certain that the problem could be rectified with an adjustment to the first stage IP, as opposed to a second stage orifice adjustment, as I initially thought.

My question is this...does anyone know what the manufacturer's recommended IP range is for the EDGE EXP 2012? I have not been able to find this information anywhere. Thanks for any help, in advance.

Tony,
The leak from the second stage could be due to several things, but most likely just needs tuning after being "broken in." It is not as simple as turning the IP down until the second stage does not leak.

The IP needs to be set at the first stage, then the second stage set to that IP. That is probably why it does not leak on the SP reg. It may work on the surface, but work poorly at depth.

Did you buy this from a dealer? If so, I would think they would check and adjust it for you, especially for being so new.

What the IP is doing is more important than what it should be set at. It should quickly lock at a stable value and remain there, before making any kind of assumptions or adjustments you need to know if the IP is stable or not. I have not seen/heard the recommended value for Edge is but odds are it's 135 to 145 psi, anywhere in that ranges should be fine as long as it's stable. Get an IP gauge and check it before doing anything else.

135-145 is the right IP. If you are having unstable IP let your dealer know, if that is not gonna happen let us know and we'll figure out the next step

I had the same thing happen to my HOG Zenith and followed cerich's advice and now my reg is back in working order. I contacted the dealer I bought it from, they looked it over, made a couple of adjustments and sent it back to me.

Good luck with your Edge...

Yes, the EDGE guys and DRIS were very helpful. Thanks for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom