drysuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etowndiver

Reaction score
What is the best way to store a drysuit (after it has been properly dried after a dive). Should it be kept in the bag, or should it hang in a cool dry place until the next use.

thanks in advance,

joe

I have a Viking Xtreme and the care instructions say to wax the zipper and hang in a cool dry place with the zipper open. If you don't have the care instructions let us know what kind of suit you have, I'm sure someone here knows the proper way to store it.
Ber :bunny:

It does depend on what material it's made of.

If it's neoprene I would hang it using one of those big hangers. It does not matter so much for membrane suits - I usually hang mine up.

If you baught it new there should have been an advise slip and also another reason why the dry suit diver course is a good idea to learn maintenance tips.....

Jonathan

store is loosely folded according to manufacturer's directions with the drysuit zipper open and the second protective zipper closed. I then put it in a large mesh bag and tuck away where there are no FUMES, FLUOROCARBONS, EXHAUST, or OZONE, etc. In other words, the garage or basement near the furnace is off limits.

Hi:

I usually follow the guidelines that the manufacture recommends.
Usually i store it away in the carrying bag that came with it so it's protected from the light & any other factors.
Make sure you don't stuff it into a bag that is undersize and make sure the zipper don't get bent.

For pro-long storage i usually hang my drysuit by the feet in a cool place out of direct sunlight. "wintertime"
I found myself a pair of boot hangers which you can get at any sport shop that sells fishing chest waders and & equipment.
They mount on the wall and the boots fit into the stirups. Cost about 6 bucks.

hope this helps.
safe diving ::wink:

We drap our suits over a 3" PVC pipe suspended by rope passed through holes drilled in the ends and knotted. We store them with zippers open as this takes all the stress off.

Very scary when a Pug on the west coast (?) and a manelishi
on the east coast have the same idea ...

Be well.

Wax the zip and leave it open, dust the seals with french chalk (unscented talc) or cornstarch (cheaper and more readily available and drape as UP described.

Make sure it is dry first. To that end you might wish to build a "trilaminate mositure extraction device" as shown here

http://home.earthlink.net/~toddclagett/NovaTech/drysuitdryer.htm

If you have the room, you can leave the suit on this.

Dave D

Very spooky, McGyver.

Nice, but very spooky.

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Very spooky, McGyver.

Nice, but very spooky.

Yeah, I like to make stuff!

Dave D

Back
Top Bottom