Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet Suit rash

Divemaster
    Badge

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Wet Suit rash

I received a pretty nasty rash on the back of both knees last time I went diving - 3 dives without taking the wetsuit off in between dives. Is there some lotion, cream, gel, etc. that you can use to help prevent a rash. I occasionally get small rubbed spots where my boots hit the fins but this rash covered the whole back part of my knee. I guess I could have had a crease from not pulling it up all the way but it didn't feel like it was fitting funny. Just started hurting after the 3rd dive. I did 2 more dives the next day so that probably didn't help but it would be nice to be able to put something on in advance if I know this is going to be a sensitive spot for me.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    yes there is my buddy has some and I have seen it in a little brown tube that looks like a sunscreen tube. The stuff looks a little like a wax. I called him and left a message to see what it's called. I know he got it at a Seattle area surf shop but I am sure that the dive shops would have it. I am sure someone will have an answer for you, otherwise when I get the name I'll let you know.

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    I wear a dive skin (lycra) under my suit. No Rashes.

Divemaster
    Badge

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot44 View Post
    I wear a dive skin (lycra) under my suit. No Rashes.
    I thought about that but I am trying to lose weight (I need to lose about 25 lbs.) so I am putting off buying anything that won't fit right once I do lose the weight.

BigFame - if you can find out the name of it I would appreciate it. I didn't see anything at my LDS so I'll probably order it online. It would solve the problem for now and keep me motivated to lose the weight so a wetsuit will be my reward

Wow.....what a DB

DERP

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnPlayVA View Post
    I thought about that but I am trying to lose weight (I need to lose about 25 lbs.) so I am putting off buying anything that won't fit right once I do lose the weight.

BigFame - if you can find out the name of it I would appreciate it. I didn't see anything at my LDS so I'll probably order it online. It would solve the problem for now and keep me motivated to lose the weight so a wetsuit will be my reward

I too wear a dive skin and it is worth it. They fit tightly so you have some flexibility with weight loss/gain. I have lost some weight over the last year and it still fits. Check out the price and you may consider it a worthwhile answer. I sure did. They really are not that expensive.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

- Pictures from a photographic non-achiever
    Favorite Albums = THAILAND 2009 .... LAKE TAHOE, CA ...

HITLER IS NOT AOW - Download your copy here available from my website Diving My Way

My Anatidaephobia group meets Tuesdays down by the park pond.
    My posts = "Now you see them....now you don't". It is difficult to do a good job while operating in an uneven environment.

Floppy Ear Mod

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Since it's on your knee a pair of pantyhose would be a much less expensive alternative to a skin if you prefer to wait. We have both male and female students who have used them to make donning their wetsuit easier.
    Ber
    "I'm not a fan of summer storms. Between the lightening that might blow up my house or the tornado that might throw a cow through it, I don't sleep well." Steve_Dives
    Happy to be a dork diver! www.dorkdiver.com

Divemaster
    Badge

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Wow - never would have thought of that Ber! Thanks for the advice all!

Divemaster Candidate

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    That would be really funny for us men trying to explain THAT at our local department store.

Just gotta have LEGGS, I suppose

Registered

Needs underwater therapy!

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    another thought - are you using a rental suit? Could be pee residue iritating your skin, too. I have seen this happen to other people....... that's why I own my suits.
    my trip reports and photos: www.rnrscuba.net
    my videos: http://www.vimeo.com/user466791/albums
    next dive trip: Carnival cruising - diving Cozumel and Grand Cayman, Feb 2015

Floppy Ear Mod

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie07 View Post
    That would be really funny for us men trying to explain THAT at our local department store.

Just gotta have LEGGS, I suppose
    Grab the Leggs and a small box of tampons then shake your head and smile while saying "Gotta love women" to the cashier Put the tampons in your save-a-dive kit or your glove box for those "save the day" moments
    Ber
    "I'm not a fan of summer storms. Between the lightening that might blow up my house or the tornado that might throw a cow through it, I don't sleep well." Steve_Dives
    Happy to be a dork diver! www.dorkdiver.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast