Si Tech/Viking Classic Ring system and DUI Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently have DUI tls 350 with zip seals and the OS Systems Dry Glove rings installed on the latex seals. I like the redundancy of having the wrist seal in place and being able to use dry gloves, no gloves or wet gloves.

I am considering replacing them because i find them hard to get my hands through donning and doffing, I have also had problems with flooding. I would like to switch to the Viking Classic Ring system because of the ease of donning, doffing and no O rings to leak.

I have gotten conflicting answers from different sources.
My questions are
1 - Can the Si tech/Viking Classic ring system be installed directly on my latex Zip Seals so I can keep my redundant seal or use dry gloves?
2 - Will the Viking system work if I change to the Silicone Zip Seals or is the silicone to soft and easily ripped.?

I dove with a guy yesterday that had the SiTech Viking style ring cuffs, black pullover gloves, and latex zip seals. I thought it was slick enough that I ordered myself a set today, as a matter of fact. I cannot speak for the issues with silicon wrist seals. But I can tell you the diver does a lot of Tech dives down to 300'. Obviously failure would be no bueno. He liked the redundancy of the latex wrist seals and the pull over gloves and the dexterity offered when donning the kit. Its also a bonus that the pullover gloves can be found for around 10.00. The rings installed directly on the seals with no other modifications or adhesives.

The rings, gloves and glove liners ran at about 100.00, not bad when compared against other dry glove options.

Back
Top Bottom