How to choose a proper size for rock boots when ordering online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'd like to order rock boots for a drysuit but I have no idea how to select a proper size I need. How do I figure out? Unfortunatelly this is not something local dive shops carry.

I used the Bare wet suit bootie sizer on the floor of my LDS. Pulled on the dry suit and saw where my feet seemed to be the right size.

Without actual fitting you will never 100% know, at least for me. I have wierd feet....

A great deal depends on the thickness of the socks on your suit. If they're really thick then of 1/2 size up. We have a rather friendly return/exchange policy here at DRIS and often swap out items for fit related issues with no hassles.

I'd like to order rock boots for a drysuit but I have no idea how to select a proper size I need. How do I figure out? Unfortunatelly this is not something local dive shops carry.

Have you considered not getting rock boots at all and just using neoprene booties? They're much more forgiving on the foot and much less likely to cause you to have to go to a bigger fin size. I've done the whole cycle, had 3 different rock boots, went back to my original neoprene booties and haven't looked back. At this point I don't really understand why so many people use rock boots at all.

Well, I am yet undecided on brands.

I'll give you my $.02 not he boots I have used.

BARE makes a good quality, affordable boots. Good sole for rocky shores. My issue with these boots is that I literally cannot fit them on as I have a wide and tall foot.

Hollis has a generously fitting boots which is great for rentals. Easy to put on. Sole is not great and they are pricy. I am a 12.5 shoe and wear a 12 for these boots with two socks and thin neoprene sock.

DUI boots are absolute garbage. They are a disgrace to the brand. DO NOT buy them unless they come with your drysuit. The only thing they have going for them is that they fit a wide range of foot sizes well and are easy to put on. Otherwise they all fall apart after 50+ dives. I wear a 12 and can even fit an 11 in a pinch. Women typically wear at least a size smaller and I've even seen up to 3 sizes smaller.

ScubaPro boots have so far been my favourite. Very nice soles and good ankle support. My only issue is that with my wide foot I can only wear 1 pair of socks. I went with a 13 but have subsequently dove size 12s and they fit fine length wise. The laces on these boots are garbage so I recommend buying some bungee cord and a slide lock to replace the laces.

Whites EVO boots, it has been a while since I dove these but I remember fitting a 12 without too many issues. Reasonably well made boot with good sole.

I wear size 10 feet and the DUI boots are 11's. The lacing gives you +/- a size. I had more problems geting fins to fit the boots.

Back
Top Bottom