Fin decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

backdoc25

New
Reaction score
Looking at new fins and have it down to three pairs, would welcome some input from experienced divers.

Apollo Bio Fins Pro
Apollo Bio Fin XT
Atomic Aquatics

My one concern is the stated heaviness of the apollo fins, lugging gear around is hard enough in some parts of the world don't really want to make it harder.

jeff

apologize for repeat post question just went looking through list and found avery similiar discussion. when I searched before that thread didnt come up.

I own all three, although my Atomics are full-foot. All are excellent products. The ABF-Pro is the easiest on the body - zero leg strain, and very comfortable. The ABF-XT is the highest performing - very fast, responsive, turns on a dime. The Atomic full-foots are compact, and light weight.

If I could only have one, I would personally choose the ABF-XT, with the C-series strap. As far as the weight issue is concerned - the ABF fins are a little heavier, but that seems trivial given their superior performance in the water. In fact, I believe that the weight is actually part of why they are so good.

I suppose the only down side is that they're a bit pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for in this case. In my opinion, there's nothing on the market that even comes close.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

I had ankle issues and switched to the Bio Pros recently. When they arrived from ScubaToys I was amazed by the weight, but have been thrilled by the results.

Great locomotion with less effort and no pain. I'm also glad I got the C-Straps, they're worth it.

Now I just need a back rub when I get to my destination.

Gidday guys.

Having worked for a couple of dive shops, I've been lucky enough to try heaps of different types of fin. I finally settled on the Atomic open heels, and find they are a cross between a paddle and standard split. Because they are not quite as soft as most splits, I find they still give me a "feel" for the water, as well as easing up on the legs. I am a bigger guy, and normally pushed Quattros for lugging students around, but after the Atomics, going back to Quattros, was a rude shock. Love the Atomics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom