dive quest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done it several times, and enjoyed it very much. It was interesting to see "backstage", to do that very informative tour, and to become temporarily, a "cast member" as the Disney people call it. I certainly would do it again.

The dive itself was fun, with good equipment,and not just for the aquatic life-quite a wide variety for such a "small" area. It was also interesting to see the artificial reef structures, and to check out the tank itself.
Another fun aspect was interacting with the people through the large windows-of course, "smiling and waving" as the Disney hosts reminded us to do. The for-sale video was "ok".
It might have helped that I was traveling with approx 200 high school students, who seemed to be rooting for the sharks!! :)

Enjoy your trip, and the dive.

Loved it , loved it so much we did it again the next day , more fun than a barrell of monkeys , or rays , or sharks , or ....

well, i have a report from doing it last week posted in 'basic' area...go check it out.

Loved it. Thought it was overpriced for a 1 tank dive as you can take a boat to a wonderful dive site somewhere and dive for the same price but hey its fun to play with the kiddos and give non divers a rare sight at our world we love!

I did it about 1 1/2 years ago as a college graduation present for my youngest son. I thought it was fun, but overpriced. He wasn't impressed. The equipment was sufficient. Swimming around the big fishtank was fun. I didn't buy the video.

I did the dive a couple of months ago and had a fun time, but would probably not rush back to Orlando specifically to do the dive again. I've also done the dive in the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta and it is much superior (but also much more expensive). I consider both dives to be 'bucket list' types of dives: glad I did them, but would not rush back anytime soon. Then again, I live near Jupiter Dive Center and have world class drift diving 10 minutes away from my neighborhood: during the dive quest dive, I found myself getting just a bit 'bored' since there is only so much to see in somewhat smallish the tank: I don't recall having the same feeling after my experience in the much bigger Georgia Aquarium tank (which also has whale sharks, manta rays, more types of sharks, etc.) I am sure that if I didn't get a chance to dive as often as I can in the big water off of Jupiter and West Palm Beach, I would have been really impressed with the Disney dive. Also note that if I ever find myself bored out of my mind at DisneyWorld (I've been to the park at least 30 times) with some relatives from out-of-town and could find a spot in a dive quest dive, I'd probably do it again.

If you do the dive, make sure a relative takes some pictures or videos from outside the Epcot tank.

I've done it many times over the last fifteen years. The draw isn't the critters, although they are abundant and varied, even though sickly and dinged. The viz is good but most tropical divers have seen better. But it is good for; 1. "Hey, I dove Disney." (that thrill level varies considerably from person to person), 2. It's neat learning a little about the back stage/conservation stuff, 3. The other "tourists" in the Living Seas area and Coral Reef restaurant are a whole lot of fun to interact with, 4. You filled that square, 5. "I'm stuck here and bored spitless - how can I kill a few hours?" and 6. My family (specifically the cookie crunchers) got to watch/interact with me - this is the main draw IMNSHO. Being a New Jersey diver is prima facie evidence that I'm one of the best in the world and I know whereof I speak. And you can trust me because I'm always right and I never lie.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom