First time to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamedic2012

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and i are new divers having completed our naui ow course earlier this month and we are going to Key Largo later this month. Done a little research and plan to stay at the Hampton Inn Key Largo and dive with Scuba-Do dive company. Anyone have any experience with either place? Also any suggestions in general would be appreciated to help us better enjoy our first trip to the Keys!

You can make a daily afternoon stop at the ice cream shop located next door to the Publix Supermarket...YUMMMM:D

Just in case you run into a few days of bad marine conditions, this thread has some suggestions for non-diving activities.....

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/429631-suggestions-non-diving-family-keys.html

One of my favorite places to eat is Marker 88, which is located at mile marker 88 on the bay side. If you sit outside, you can watch the sun set over the water. Lots of good seafood plus the Thai green beans are killer.

Shorten your trip and come to west palm beach! Diving is better and more to do at a better cost! However, I can recommend the holiday inn express, best in key largo for the money. Plus they have a huge community water park right behind the hotel. and divers direct is walking distance with dive boats with in a few yards of your room.

Welcome to my back yard! :D

Be sure to visit the Dive Museum down near Marker 89 (or so).

However, the most important thing to remember while in Key Largo: HAVE FUN! Scuba Do is a great company and you'll have lots to write about here on ScubaBoard.

Welcome to my back yard! :D

Be sure to visit the Dive Museum down near Marker 89 (or so).

However, the most important thing to remember while in Key Largo: HAVE FUN! Scuba Do is a great company and you'll have lots to write about here on ScubaBoard.

i live across the road from the hampton inn, nice property w/ numerous dining options within a few miles. as DOC stated; scubado is a topnotch operation(they also provide a divemaster for guided dives, no additional charge), have fun(dive museum is @ MM83),

reefman
key largo

Love the diving in Key Largo. Try to fit it a dive with Captain Slates Creature Feature. Im pretty sure the do the Creature Feature on Fridays and Sundays. Great dive with nurse sharks, giant groupers, eels and barracudas. Lots of fun petting the critters and great photo ops. Check them out at Captain Slate's Atlantis Dive Center, Key Largo, FL
Enjoy your trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom