Places to stay in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clinthutson

Registered
Reaction score
We're taking our first trip to Key Largo to get our open water certification in July. Any recommendations on nice places to stay. It will be my wife, 12 year old son and me.

Does anyone have any experience staying at Key Largo Cottages, Hampton Inn Key Largo or Largo Lodge? My wife, son and I will be going down for our open water certification in July. We don't really need anythying too fancy. We would like it obviously to be clean and friendly.

Haven't stayed at any you list, but have stayed multiple times at Bay Harbor Lodge which I suspect is pretty similar to Largo Lodge. There are a number of bay side older accommodations dating from the '50s or '60s. We like them because they are much less expensive and tend to have a bunch of nice trees around for shade. Bay Harbor has a small pool. We have stayed at the Rock Reef Resort, too. They are around mm 97-98.

I have stayed at the Key Largo Inn a number of times. This is an older motel, but it has always been clean and well kept. In the center of town, rates were good as compaired to other places in Key Largo.

Ocean Pointe Suites are nice.

I've stayed at the Hampton a couple years ago. I saw a few ants, but the place is otherwise pretty nice. The place has a gym and its own little beach. It is beside that weird tower thing and a short walk to a couple restaurants.

I've also stayed at Hampton Inn a couple of times, breakfast was great. the rooms were nice an clean, didn't see any ants :)

The Marriott Courtyard is pretty nice, pool (no full restaurant though). Rainbow Reef and several other dive charters are at the dock right outside the door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom