Seamonkeys Water Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I came to the Keys this year a day before the house we usually rented was available so we stayed at Breezy Palms at mile marker 80 for one night where I saw Seamonkeys Water Sports next door in back of the Hampton Inn. I had never heard anything about them on SB but they are right in front of Alligator reef so I went over to check them out. There was one spot open on their six pack for later that week going to Alligator reef and I signed up for it. The day we were to go a front came through so it was colder then normal, 60 instead of 85, with 3' seas and everyone else going that day canceled but they still took me out anyway. What I did not know when I signed up was they put a guide in the water on every dive at no charge so I would not be diving alone. The boat was solid, well maintained and the captain was both skilled and knowledgeable, getting us out at low tide through an almost nonexistent channel. Being so close to this reef my guide, Coleen, knew it like the back of her hand and I was treated to a private guided tour of the whole reef by someone who saw a lot more then I would have so I did not miss a thing. I have heard of six packs that will go out with just two divers but never just one diver so I did not miss a day of diving due to the others canceling. If you prefer six packs, diving with a guide and diving a less traveled site go see Bill and Coleen at Seamonkeys. With so many dive ops in the Keys I am sure there are others as good but I do not see how you could find one that is better.

Welcome to SeaMonkeys Watersports! Islamorada, Florida

Sounds like a great place to dive with for a first time to the Keys...like me.

They should be great for a first time visitor to the Keys and also newer divers just starting out.

PS: I forgot to mention they are about $10 cheaper then most other ops in the area.

PS: I forgot to mention they are about $10 cheaper then most other ops in the area.

Thanks...I have some friends (<20 dives) who want to dive the Keys and this place looks like it would be perfect for us.

However we did find one operator that posted, "they play Jimmy Buffet music on their boat"; that is really hard to pass up :D

Yes this op should be good for newer divers especially if you stay at the Hampton Inn or the Breezy Palms next door. It is my understanding that all dive charters play Jimmy Buffet music now, I think it is a Florida state law.

Yes this op should be good for newer divers especially if you stay at the Hampton Inn or the Breezy Palms next door. It is my understanding that all dive charters play Jimmy Buffet music now, I think it is a Florida state law.

Finally politicians got one right and it wasn't another pay-raise for themselves!!!

Buffet 3.jpg

I am sure the politicians figured out a way to get a kick back from it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom