Pompano and Key Largo Next Week Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zznola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Diving with Pompano Dive Center on Tuesday afternoon, then Key Largo/ Rainbow reef on Wednesday afternoon and two trips on Thursday. Im solo so if anyone wants to do any of those dives, Id love to have a pre planned buddy for a change. Im OW and ill hit my 50th dive in this year on this trip!

Not diving Spiegel Grove but Otherwise the sites available are

Conch Wall
Pillar Corral

Winch Hole
Capt Choice

Christ Statue
Banana patch

OR
Horseshow/
Minnow cave

PErmit ledge/
Eagle Ray alley

Any thoughts on any of these sites? Really Im not too picky. I just thought that given a choice Id like to know what Im choosing!

Sorry you missed the Cajun Invasion in June...we had a "Bon Temps" :D

My best advice about your Key Largo dives is to go wherever the staff wants to take you. They know the conditions well, and will pick the best site for the day's weather/visibility conditions.

Me too. the gumbo sounded yummy. I can cook a pot or two myself from time to time ! I'm easy as long as im in the water. Can't wait!

I like pompano dive center. It's a good boat and they seem to be safety minded. Always have an extra hand on deck and a DM in the water. When I was there we saw some big groupers on one of the wrecks. The wrecks seem to have more to see than the reefs that we went to.

Although once I took the drive down to key largo I enjoyed it even more. Better vis it seemed and more creatures. Only did the shallower dives there as opposd to the deep wrecks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoJo....Pompano is my hometown. What recommendations are you looking for; good food, dive sites, or dive shops?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom