Miami 1-day Wreck Diving Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forcemajeure

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone recommend the best wrecks in Miami if I only have one day available? Is RJ Diving the go-to operator? Are there any more budget options? Thanks for any advice!

RJ is the best! There's not a lot of variation in prices, so going cheap usually means going to a less desirable site due to distance from shore. The Doc (Doc DeMillie) is my favorite Miami wreck. It's deep (150 to the sand), but you can dive it within recreational limits. And, it's big so you can hang shallower and see just as much. The Orion is probably second best. It's closer in and shallower at around 90ft IIRC. Even shallower (60-70ft) are the Belcher Barge, Belzona and Shri Lyn and numerous others that are good dives too.

FLORIDA East Coast Shipwrecks Miami Wreck Directory

I suppose I should plug the county's website. This will show you where the wrecks are...

Miami-Dade Reef and Buoy Finder

DeepDeaExplorer...great link to the Miami Wreck Dictionary.

You have RJs and Divers Paradise in southern Miami. RJs will post a schedule of what they are diving. DP will not and what they plan is subject to change with no notice. What day are you planning on diving?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on a boat without internet access for the past few weeks. Thanks for the info DeepSea and luscioman! I'll check out RJ and Divers Paradise. I'm planning to dive either Oct. 19 or 20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom