Which is the best Key in Florida for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dyandiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be in Florida for 4 days in July and want to get in a few dives. Never dove the Keys before and wanted some recommendations of the best location for diving. And good dive shops and hotels. I am budget conscious. Not necessarily wreck or anything deep - just good reefs and beauty.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.:blinking:

Key Largo or Islamorada are the best locations. Most dive shops are good to excellent in the upper Keys. There aren't any really bad dive shops that I know of. Below are my personal preferences.

Best all around dive shop for me is Conch Republic Divers. Good crew, big boat that is stable on the water, a little further south so get to some places other shops don't.

For 6 pack operator, Quiesence is good.

For a shop that provides guides, Rainbow Reef. Their boats are big and stable too.

Key Largo to Islamorada at Sportxlh said.

Chug
likes piling on when late to the dance.

Key Largo, and try Ocean Divers, you won't be disappointed. If you get the chance stay at Gilberts, it's Party Central.....

Areas in order Dry Tortugas,Marquesas,KL,Tavernier,Islamorada,Big Pine/Little Torch,Summerland,Marathon.

KL is well served by charters,shops,has great accomodations and will be significantly more budget wise than the Tortugas or Marquesas.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom