Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club to Key Largo

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Photos

Question Club to Key Largo

I have been to Key Largo many times before and basically only dive with one name: Scuba-Do. However, the problem is that we are going to be bringing more people down than their boat can support so we are in need of another dive charter. We have roughly 14 people going and probably need a private charter. If anyone knows of other QUALITY charters, please let me know. Thanks for your time.
    Got Scuba?

Peace,
    Ryan

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99

Key Largo recomendation

Our local dive shop is taking a larg group and they are going through Aqua-Nuts. I have never stayed there myself but they are highly recomended.

aqua-nuts.com
    Last edited by ocellaris; November 23rd, 2004 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Forgot link.

Single Diver

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    I dove with Capt. Slates Atlantis Dive Center in June of 2004. They have 3 large boats. They should be able to handle you group.

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1000+
    I have dived on Aquanuts/Kellys on the bay and Ocean Divers. They have Newton 48's which are nice big boats and I havnt had any problems diving with them. The boats hold like 24 passengers so you might get a crowded boat or you might get lucky and have just your group. I prefer the little boats but when I have a big group they have been pretty good with me.

Brian

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1000+
    Quote Originally Posted by ocellaris
    Our local dive shop is taking a larg group and they are going through Aqua-Nuts. I have never stayed there myself but they are highly recomended.

aqua-nuts.com

I have dove with them several times.....good people...at least 1 1/2 years ago anyways.

Brian

Registered

Details Details Details

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos

Key Largo Dive op

I have used Conch Republic Divers and cannot speak highly enough about them. Gary and his crew have 2 boats and with group that size will proably take you where ever you wish to dive.
    Here is link to trip report I posted couple months ago using them.
    http://www.scubaboard.com/t76754-.html

dive op review at bottom of report.

Hope this helps.

ScubaBoard Supporter

Go Red - Support SB!

Trying to stay out of trouble

One kilometer high on the Texas High Plains
    Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Nothing wrong with your first choice with Scuba-Do. I've dived with a number of operators there (even though I live here), and I've always been very impressed with Tony & Laurie! And when I had too many divers one day of the Singles Trip this month, they contacted Jeff with HMS Minnow, a nice 6 pack that docks nearby. Everything went great, and the best part - everyone in the group told me I did a wonderful job selecting great operators!

It helps if you download their release form off of their web site, make copies and have everyone complete them the night before, as they do like to get out early - before the others. :526:
    You can test the tanks you breathe or - dive on hope.
    Testing is safer...

Great news for vacation divers who cannot talk themselves into buying a personal CO tank tester!

>> Rent one for a week or longer here <<

Yeah it's just the air we breath - at depth!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Silent World runs a great operation down there. They have 2 boats and could probable accommmodate your group.

This is their site:

http://www.pennekamp.com/sw/charters.htm

Dive Safely

Joe

ScubaBoard Contributor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    3,000+

Call Scuba-Do...

Quote Originally Posted by CNTdiver
    I have been to Key Largo many times before and basically only dive with one name: Scuba-Do. However, the problem is that we are going to be bringing more people down than their boat can support so we are in need of another dive charter. We have roughly 14 people going and probably need a private charter. If anyone knows of other QUALITY charters, please let me know. Thanks for your time.
    You know them. You like them. They can make arrangements for a second boat to dive the same (or different) sites. If you have experienced divers and novices in your group, the experienced divers might elect to make deeper dives, such as the Bibb, Duane, and Spiegel Grove, while the novices are diving shallow. Enjoy!

ScubaBoard Supporter

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by CNTdiver
    http://www.pennekamp.com/sw/

Excellent service, but a maximum of 14 divers.

They do have more than one boat, though...

These guys run (usually) a wreck trip and reef trip simultaneously.

With a little planning, your second dive could be on the same site.
    "We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast