Help? Divemaster course in Southeast Asia???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
HELLO!!! I am looking for some advice. I am going to be in Southeast Asia (Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia) from October - January, and I am looking to take my divemaster course while I am here. Can someone recommend a good place to go for some great diving (durng this season), coupled with a lovely, not too crowded beach and moderate (but not too crazy) night life? Basically, I am looking for a nice, all around great place to be for three or 4 weeks, while I take my divemaster course, but I want to be able to enjoy myself when I am NOT diving as well . . make sense???

I had considered Boracay, but I have heard that the diving is really unvaried and not that great, and it may be too developed for me anyway. So, I am really leaning towards Malaysia or Indonesia instead, as the diving in the Philippines has only been so-so thus far. Please help, guys! Thanks a bunch!!!

Joann

You might want to try putting this in a different area as this area is usually for those just finding this board...a mod might be able to do it for you :)

Have fun in Indo and remember that your DM course is not actually about great diving, that's a bonus!

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard. I'm afraid that I can't help ya too much... but I'm sure that someone around here can!

Hi there Joann,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Completing your Profile with location and seperately - your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

don :shades:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

You may want to ask this question in the Australia & the Pacific Islands forum. You may get a better answer there.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

trustbuster:
HELLO!!! I am looking for some advice. I am going to be in Southeast Asia (Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia) from October - January, and I am looking to take my divemaster course while I am here. Can someone recommend a good place to go for some great diving (durng this season), coupled with a lovely, not too crowded beach and moderate (but not too crazy) night life? Basically, I am looking for a nice, all around great place to be for three or 4 weeks, while I take my divemaster course, but I want to be able to enjoy myself when I am NOT diving as well . . make sense???

I had considered Boracay, but I have heard that the diving is really unvaried and not that great, and it may be too developed for me anyway. So, I am really leaning towards Malaysia or Indonesia instead, as the diving in the Philippines has only been so-so thus far. Please help, guys! Thanks a bunch!!!

Joann

Well Joann. If you intend to continue your DM until Instructor level, I would advise that you sign up with an outfit that offers IDC as well. You can well complete your DM and Instructor in as little as 6-8 weeks if you do it full time. There is one in Sabah (Sipadan) another in Perhentian Islands-both are in Malaysia. Look up "IDC Malaysia" on the net. Best regards.

IslandHopper:
http://www.mdaguam.com

3 hour flight from Manilla.

LOTS of diving.

Right on Islandhopper. Besides Pulau Perhentian is just about an hour's speed boat ride to Thailand (should you decide on the night life). However, since monsoon has just started the whole Peninsular east coast area is off limits with most resorts closed for the season. Season re opens in March-April next year. Sipadan is not effected by monsoon however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom