Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Vintage Spear Guns - What parts go with which gun?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Question Vintage Spear Guns - What parts go with which gun?

I recently listed a couple spearguns on eBay and just got an email from another member telling me that 1 part (the blue rod) I thought went with 1 gun really goes to another (the Clipper). I wanted to double check here and make sure he is right before I start changing pictures and descriptions. Thanks!!

Here are the guns:

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000+
    If you post it on spearboard you might get an answer.

http://www.spearboard.com/forum/
    Nothing is foolproof to a truly talented fool

Law of Illogical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Getting old is not for wusses

NAVED master diver #105

Scuba Instructor

Freediver & Spearo

Lydia,

The Clipper gun appears to be complete, and is a pneumatic style. (Nemrod?)

The blue Falcon gun below it is a band gun, and the band appears to be broken at the center of the wishbone. (now spread to each end below the rod.)

The blue rod makes no sense for this gun either. It appears to be designed to hold a band on the left end, but doesn't fit anywhere with this gun. The shaft length of the gun is matched to the gun length. Although a bottom loader, after market bands can work with this gun.

The rod almost looks like a missing piece from a pole spear, possibly by the same maker.

Both of these guns likely have more historical value than any that is functional.

Chad
    Capt Chad Carney Please No PMs
    Text my cell 727-423-7775 or e-mail chad.carney@yahoo.com
    www.floridaskindiver.com - 35+ Years Instructing Freediving, Scuba, Tech & Spearfishing
    Located in West Palm Beach, FL
    Manager @ Florida Freedivers 561-848-0678 www.floridafreedivers.com
    905 US 1 Ste A Lake Park, FL 33403

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Thanks Captain! I posted there as well!

Thanks, Chad. Both guns and the rod are all marked Nemrod. The extra blue rod seems to be a air pump of some sort. If I pull and push on the larger black end the tube fills with air until I release it by unscrewing the smaller black endcap. I do see now that the band tips are broken as you mentioned. I guess I will just leave both auctions as they are unless someone else thinks the blue rod goes with the Clipper gun. I already have 6 watchers in just a few hours on the Clipper so some people must collect these or are looking for parts anyhow.

Thanks again!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000+
    Photos
    I had a nemrod pneumatic speergun just like the one pictured on top. That was back in the 1970s. You even have the original loader but all the pumps I have ever seen or owned were red in color. WOW, what a flash from the past!!!
    DIVE DEEP, DIVE SAFE, DIVE OFTEN