Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Dacor UL750

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dacor UL750

Hello There,
    I recently bought an old school torch from the wonderful auction market that is ebay.
    It is a Dacor UL750 which is perfectly functional but I have no booklet etc and so don't know what batteries it takes...
    Would be gratefull for any advice on the matter of what batteries I need and what voltage they are etc. Would help if you could direct me to the right place as well.
    Cheers
    Luke

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Mine uses a 6 volt lantern battery.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Thanks for the reply

Thing is I bought some 6V latern batteries online and have found out that they don't fit inside!! So there must be some particular design??

The batteries i have are 'golden power greenergy lantern battery heavy duty 6 volts'.

Could anyone give me the specification on the DACOR UL750 as wel please?

Many regards
    Luke

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Mine takes , or I should say has a "sterling" 6V 5ah battery THe model or the battery is H5-6FR . the company website is (sterlingbatteries.us) I have a I use a 6V lead acid battery charger that has a 12-18hr charge time at a output of 6volt @500ma. THe cahrger is made byunderwater kinectics. With the battery the run time is 3-5hrs using a GE 4547 hand lantern bulb .4.75v @ 1.25ah. Hope this could help anyone that may have this type of light.

Registered

Alive and Well

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Anyone know of a direct LED replacement bulb? I have an 8w 7550 bulb and it's good, but gets yellow fairly fast as I think I'm drawing my batteries down more quickly than with an overdriven 4.75v bulb.

If I could do a simple mod with an led bulb, it would completely change this light. If I could find a good supply/source of 7550's in led, I would probably buy up every UL 750 I could find.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    I'm considering this mod too. Right now i'm looking at this bulb (approx. 1000 lumens);
    http://www.grote.com/prodcat/attachm...ant36-Bulb.pdf
    Napa auto parts in Canada sells it for approx. $120
    problem is it runs on 12v. I'm looking for a battery holder that will take 8 1.5v cells (8 x AA, 8 x D etc.)
    I think i can hardwire the battery holder to the existing power leads. If my math is correct a single AA 1.5v battery would power this new LED bulb for over an hour and a half...multiply that by 8 and...well you get the idea.
    I'll post my progress IF i go this route

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    Ok, i went for it. It worked. pretty decent results too.
    If you're interested in turning your old Dacor UL-750 (UL750) divelight into a 21st century high-output LED light you may want to check this out.
    You have to build a 12-volt battery pack but that's rather straightforward (and cheap). The LED bulb is the expensive part. Still way cheaper than any 1000 lumen LED divelight on the market.
    I posted complete instructions here;
    Dacor UL750 LED Conversion