Aqualung rep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trajan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just out of curiosity, and the fact that I own some of their equipment, why does Aqualung not have a rep on this board?

well, I meant in the Q&A section, sorry

Because they (like the rest of them) know what you want better than you do so what purpose would it serve.

N

Just out of curiosity, and the fact that I own some of their equipment, why does Aqualung not have a rep on this board?

Yes: diverep1976 is Dan Rodarte a long time Aqua-Lung rep and a very active diver. Dan is on this board frequently and gives a real response.

15 posts in 1.5 years isn't exactly frequent...

Short answer - AquaLung (and others) are too busy selling stock to dealers to mess with actual customers.

AquaLung has decided that they want you to conduct the majority of your interactions with them via their dealers. They want to spend time making their dealers happy, and I guess they trust that the dealers will make the actual customers happy?

Some scuba companies have decided that customers get the best service when there are a group of capable dealers who are all competing for the customers business. Other's like AquaLung, think that customers get the best service when they are only able to deal with/buy from their local dealer (regardless of the quality of that dealer). Vote with your wallet to pick the model you prefer.

Rich

Short answer - AquaLung (and others) are too busy selling stock to dealers to mess with actual customers.

AquaLung has decided that they want you to conduct the majority of your interactions with them via their dealers. They want to spend time making their dealers happy, and I guess they trust that the dealers will make the actual customers happy?

Some scuba companies have decided that customers get the best service when there are a group of capable dealers who are all competing for the customers business. Other's like AquaLung, think that customers get the best service when they are only able to deal with/buy from their local dealer (regardless of the quality of that dealer). Vote with your wallet to pick the model you prefer.

Rich

I think all of the above is true in what Rich said. Aqualung wants you to use your authorized dealer to buy their product and get info.

But the real truth is that they don't support Internet purchasing and don't want to encourage it either. Most of the manufacturers and their represenatives on this board support internet purchasing.

There is a lot of issue with this since Leisure Pro is the largest Aqualung "dealer" and they sell online. hmmmm.... makes you wonder just where they get their product from huh? :popcorn:

There has also been some unofficial "sour milk" between Aqualung and Scubaboard.

I can guarentee you that Aqualung reads this board even if they don't post here. Post a dealer that is routinely selling online and Aqualung will send over their ******* to harrass the dealer.

It's a shame, because Aqualung makes a good product. They just haven't realized that the world is changing around them.

Note: This doesn't have anything to do with any individual dealer or dealer rep.

Aqua Lung and ScubaPro ... the 'good ole boys club' of the diving world. Unfortunately, their equipment is awesome. If you want it you just have to play their game.

The other 'good ole boy' OMS can't make the same claim. Not sure what they're so high and mighty about. At least Aqua Lung and ScubaPro have quality equipment to loosely justify their cockiness.

Back
Top Bottom