Okay, possibly my setup (not yet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 or 4 out of 10.....

Don't be too blindsided by what your LDS is trying to push on you......90%+ of the time they push what they stock, have overstocked, or what their profit margins are best on.....not what's best for you.

If you are truly open minded and listen to some of the comments on this board you should be able to find a very happy fit.

Try to avoid the temptation to buy what's readily available before giving in to instant gratification.

Search threads like;

Jacket BCD vs BP/W (Backplate & wings)

Bottom timers, SPG's, and streamlining

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/314141-piston-vs-balanced-diaphragm-1st-stage.html

Most everyone who owns a particular brand or type will swear it is the best....you really need to try (before you buy) a variety of gear and make an informed decision.

A BPW is a back inflate bc. Only it does not have bunch of useless padding that adds to the amount of lead you need to carry, can be fit precisely to you, and puts the weight where it needs to be from the get go. Over the largest air spaces in your body. Just looked at the balance. Way too "busy" for me. But if you are set on it why ask? You must still have doubts. Have you ever tried a plate and wing?

Smartdog,
Balance is a very good bc.
Titan LX is an excellent reg.
Oceanic computer should be ok too. Be sure you get the warranty with it.

Do you have the ability to dive any of the gear before you buy? If not, will the LDS (or wherever you are planning on buying from) allow you to return/exchange it if you don't like it? Things may fit or feel great in the shop and drive you nuts in the water. Try to eliminate this by diving with the gear before buying it. All that matters is if YOU like the gear and YOU think you paid a fair price. If you answer yes to both of those questions, then you have succeeded in buying gear. If you answer no to either question, keep shopping and keep trying different setups. I probably dive a piece of gear that someone else wouldn't be caught dead with. I may dive a piece of gear that someone else thinks I paid way too much for. In the end it doesn't matter because I am happy with the gear I dive and the prices I paid.

Do you have the ability to dive any of the gear before you buy? If not, will the LDS (or wherever you are planning on buying from) allow you to return/exchange it if you don't like it? Things may fit or feel great in the shop and drive you nuts in the water. Try to eliminate this by diving with the gear before buying it. All that matters is if YOU like the gear and YOU think you paid a fair price. If you answer yes to both of those questions, then you have succeeded in buying gear. If you answer no to either question, keep shopping and keep trying different setups. I probably dive a piece of gear that someone else wouldn't be caught dead with. I may dive a piece of gear that someone else thinks I paid way too much for. In the end it doesn't matter because I am happy with the gear I dive and the prices I paid.

Any luck with your BP and harness search??

okay, well as of now im still saving for teh gear i have about 500 bucks need 1200 so 700 more bucks prob month or 2 im a teen so money doesnt come from tree's nor does it for anyone else but you get the point. and i kno someone that has that bcd but not sure if they would let me try it im going to try.

and to the quesiton about them letting me return it i do not know that answer

but i mean computer isnt something you try i would say its something that worked wonderful and suits what you dive for but you want to find a awesome one but cheap if you kno what i mean

I started out with a Balance, and loved it. Loved it a lot. In fact the only person I know who loves diving with a Balance more than I did is the guy who bought mine from me when I switched to a BP/W.

:D

Do yourself a favor, evaluate ALL the options available to you when buying your gear. In fact, this may well help you buy your SECOND set of gear FIRST!

"Buy it right, or buy it twice."

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom