Smoking Deals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarrelRoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I've been a fan of Leisurepro for a long time, and if you've ever heard of SCUBA Toys, they're here in Dallas, but usually middle of the road pricing between crazy boutique pricing and Leisurepro. I've found myself browsing items at SCUBA Toys, and finding out they're out of stock, whatever, so I end up buying from Leisurepro anyway.

So the wife and I were in there last weekend because there was a great package deal on LP that included:

Suunto Cobra II Computer
Tusa IR-3 Octo/Inflator combo
Tusa Platina Evolution BC
RS-340 Tusa Platina Reg
= 999.95

Having never used the combo inflator/octo system, I wanted to take a look and get an idea of how it worked. As I'm standing there looking at the different set ups an over-zealous sales guy started really pushing me towards another one, and I just told him flat-out, "Look dude, I'm probably buying a package from Leisurepro for a price there's no way you guys could possibly touch, I just wanted to check out the inflator/octo."

So he asks me about the package, and tells me to hold on and goes in the back room. These guys are so angry at Leisurepro, apparently, that the dude comes back and tells me, "You know, you said the magic word. We're really aggressivle going after Leisurepro customers, and my boss has told me to make sure we beat that deal". I'm obviously skeptikal, but of course I'm going to give him a shot... Wow:

Aeris Atmos LX BC
Atomic SS1 Octo/Inflator
Oceanic Atom 2.0 Hoseless/Air Int wrist comp
Mares Voltrex Reg
= 999.95 (Match Price)

So basically, he matched the price and gave me FAR better equipment than I would have gotten from Leisurepro, even asked my wife if there was anything she's been looking at on LP, and we got her a new BC for cheap as well. The computer alone blew me away, as my wife payed almost 800 for her's a year ago.

Long story short, I know Leisurepro is one of the standards, but Scuba Toys in Dallas also has a website at ScubaToys.com and it looks like they're in the business of cutting deals.

Hope this helps someone get a deal!

:mad: I'm in AZ, darn it!!!

Scubatoys.com man. I'm sure you could accomplish the same thing with an email conversation. :wink:

Who has said LP is a 'standard'??.......never heard of that.....

EDIT: I have bought some things from them but generally try to avoid them....

Don't tell this guy that SB members get a 10% discount from Scuba Toys!

Who has said LP is a 'standard'??.......never heard of that.....

EDIT: I have bought some things from them but generally try to avoid them....

Wasn't trying to make a blanket statement, I just know that when I google around looking at gear more often than not I end up on LP, and they have by far the broadest over-all selection of any online shop I've seen.

dumpsterDiver:
Don't tell this guy that SB members get a 10% discount from Scuba Toys!

I had no idea, but good! Feed these guys so I have an awesome dive shop nearby for a long time to come! :D

yeah, the forum 10% off is nice...also, if you are spending more than 50 bucks shipping is free. It's also worth mentioning that if you buy from out of state (like me in oklahoma) there's no sales tax.

So, if someone else has it for the same price locally, scubatoys is, for me, an 18% discount. Plus, scubatoys delivers UPS ground to my doorstep for free...which for me is next day shipping.

I love em, they get a lot of my business.

Service is also great.

I've had a bad experience with Scuba Toys, I don't use them anymore.

Leisure Pro is far superior in all ways, including customer service.

I know Leisurepro is one of the standards, but Scuba Toys in Dallas also has a website at ScubaToys.com and it looks like they're in the business of cutting deals.

Hope this helps someone get a deal!
You are kind of preaching to the choir here; ScubaToys is pretty popular on Scubaboard, with a long history of positive feedback. I have bought from them and was satisfied with the price and the service. I tend to buy from LeisurePro more often though, mostly because they have a much better website. It is easily searchable and displays a vast inventory. And, of course, they have great prices. I have been completely satisfied with all of my purchases from LeisurePro too.

Back
Top Bottom