Green scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gamgan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased my scuba gear, and had decided that I wanted to get it in green.

I had no idea how hard it would be. Seems Mares is the only one who makes green gear from the recognized brands ( other then the mask and snorkles you find in Kmart).

Green is a very common color, so I wonder why its so rare in scuba gear? Seems like almost every thing is blue, red, yellow, pink, black, silver, and transparent.

Any one know why green isnt a common color for gear ? I really want a green mask but seems like my only choice would be a Mares X vision liquid skin mask.

I thought you were looking for regulators and tanks made of recycled steel.:wink: You can always custom-make a wetsuit, at least, and it doesn't have to cost much more than pret-a-porter. There's a neoprene supplier in the Seattle area that has just about any color scheme you can think of. Camouflage might go nicely with the green stuff, if you do manage to find any.

Last edited:
Go vintage.
Or get a spray can. The manufacturers do.

A lot of my stuff starts off green and silver then it goes black then gold then brown then silver again.

You may have to go to Ebay. I have not seen lot of green in dive shops in a while.

I was given a pair of lime green Dacor fins 13 years ago from my girlfriend. Everyone knows they are mine. And nobody tries to steal 'em.

People say "I used to have a pair of those".

I won't part with them till I lose them.

A couple of items currently available new to get you started:

Mask
Abyss Med Mimetic mask (both frame and skirts are green):
Alien_Med_Mimetic.jpg

Masks For Spearfishing And Freediving

Drysuit
Aquala Historical Suit (all green except for boots and wrist seals)
image001.png
--AQUALA--

I have a lime snorkel and fins. My BCD, a Zeagle used to have a splash of green. I keep them around for when I want to look like a dork when I snorkel. My wife would say I do not need either but that is another story.

...if you're lazy about cleaning your gear, it will eventually turn green anyway on it's own....

To complement the mask and drysuit I showcased in my last message, here are a choice of green open-heel and full-foot fins, made in Hungary.
P1071005.JPG

http://www.ddweb.hu/buvarklub/english/index.php?action=termek&id=28
I believe the moulds used to make these fins are the same as those that served to manufacture "Naiade" fins used by East German combat swimmers and still well-respected nowadays in central Europe.

Back
Top Bottom