Fly Zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have advice on how to get a fly zipper put into a 7 mil wetsuit? Who/where to get this done? Thanks.

Do you plan on wiping it out in the middle of a dive? :shocked2:

You could install a pee valve very easily then be able to pee during a dive :D

Since it is a 7mm I would recommend a drysuit zipper, and they are going to cost as much as a pee valve, either DIY or paying for the installation. Both are super simple to install, so I would just plan on doing it yourself. (For the zipper: start with suit on, then measure mark zipper location and length on wetsuit. With a block of wood on inside and a razor sharp knife of some kind, use a ruler or flat object to cut said line. Flip wetsuit inside out and clean area and zipper for glue. Apply a couple of layers of glue with some dry time between and when tacky attach zipper to drysuit.) (For a pee valve: cut hole in suit with scissors or round punch. Bolt pee valve in place. Go use it.)

Zipper, plus you will need glue.
Zipper - Waterproof - 12

Multiple brands and types of pee valves.
Drysuits & Accessories - Pee Valves - Northeast Scuba Supply

I am partial to the pee valve...:cool2:

Thanks very much. I'll look into it.

Or use the usual condom catheter and barb connected to a long hose exiting at the ankle.

Or use the usual condom catheter and barb connected to a long hose exiting at the ankle.

Now that is pure ghetto DIY. LOL I bet it works perfectly.

BTW one of the non balanced pee-valves would be all you needed. Really you do not even need the bolt installed since a leak is only going to get you wet. You could make something pretty easy, but for best results you need a neoprene type hose so it doesn't kink. At that point it just became easier to buy a complete pee valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom