OMS Ocean Management Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunder Bay Minnow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have been trying to get parts and for some time know and find myself scratching my head.

I contact OMS dealers and they tell me they too are wondering what is going on there??

I was looking for part for my second stage, not all included in a rebuild kit, and they tell me they called OMS inquiring and are still waiting for the answer.

I contacted another OMS store and they tell me that they too are experiencing the same lack of ???????? service, parts, responsiveness, etc.

Anyone else experiencing the same? I noticed on the website that they still have the 2011 catalog info with nothing newer. Hmmmm.

Jeff

OMS has a well-deserved reputation for the worst customer service in the industry.

Got some OMS gear and want it repaired? Want some parts? Want warranty service?

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha........! :rofl3:

Sell, sell, sell!!! Haha

Garth

OMS has a well-deserved reputation for the worst customer service in the industry.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Yes, OMS's customer service even makes Oxycheq look good

They've always had a poor reputation for customer service, but it appears that they're fading out of sight. The last catalog I saw on their web site was 2011 and a local dealer who used to sell a lot of their gear says it's getting really hard to come buy. I'd just look into replacing your OMS regs as they age (I've been happy with Hog).

they have a double premier booth at Beneath the Sea this weekend, perhaps we can get some answers there?

OMS regs were made by Ocean Divers Supply in Taiwan. They look to be the same regs that were sold by Oxycheq, Dive Rite, Salvo, and a few others. You can check with dealers of these regs (Salvo is out of business) to see if they have the part or pick up some parts regs. They go cheap on eBay and show up from time to time in the classifieds on SB, The Deco Stop, and in the Cave Diver's Board.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I joined the forum simply to second this. OMS is just terrible. They don't return calls. They don't answer calls. They don't stand by their products. I had a local dive shop send in a canister light that blew out 70 feet down on a night dive in the Carribbean. OMS had it for almost a year (basically lost it). After months of calls from the dive shop, the light was located and returned. Unable to repair.

Judging from my experience, I'd hazard a guess that OMS isn't long for this world as a viable entity.

I found this on their website:

To our loyal OMS customer base
In recent months rumors have be spreading that OMS is closing its doors.

We will take the dignified approach and not mention the competitors that have been spreading this rumor for their own gain.

The facts are that while we have tightened our belt and have adopted the Just in time (JIT) ordering system; sometimes resulting in low inventory,there are no plans to shut the door or sell the company.

We thank you for your understanding of this matter and hope to continue to work with you as our valued customer.

There is no date attached, and the website is copyright 2013 six months into 2014. Their site still references their 2011 catalog.

I found this on their website:

There is no date attached, and the website is copyright 2013 six months into 2014. Their site still references their 2011 catalog.

That same quote was on their website in 2012. . .

Back
Top Bottom