Discount online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone tried a company called Leisure Pro to purchase equipment from? They seem alot cheaper than the local dive shop. When I called them they said they offered the same warranties as an "authorized" dealer. When I called the manufacturor, they said unless I bought from an authorized dealer, my warranty was voided. So my thoughts are that it may be ok to buy things like fins or masks online, but BCD's and regs from the local dive shop. Any experience about this?
David

Surfside,
This theme has been pretty much beat to death.
It all comes down to a personal choice.
If you'll do a search on "Leisure Pro" or "LDS" or something of that ilk, you will be able to read about the issue until the cows come home.

This topic has been beaten to death, but they're fantastic as long as you realize you won't get the same service from them as you *might* get from your local shop... free service, free service parts, a loaner if your BC is in for repair or replacement, etc.

There's also www.scubatoys.com which will match LeisurePro prices, and you get the real warranty from the actual manufacturer if you buy from them, as they are authorized dealers. If you're on the fence, go to your LDS or buy from ScubaToys. They know what they're talking about too, so give em a call.

You don't get the same warranty, you get leisurepro's warranty. More accurate would be "same as" factory warranty.

Leisure pro going to fill your tanks?

Oh, God, here we go AGAIN ! ! ! !

Sorry for opening the can of worms. Should have done a search before posting. I realize now that this horse is completely dead, no need to beat it more.

Al Mialkovsky:
You don't get the same warranty, you get leisurepro's warranty. More accurate would be "same as" factory warranty.

Leisure pro going to fill your tanks?
No but I'd bet they would be happy to sell me the compressor that will fill my tanks :wink: Still the the better option than having to support some of the LDS that are around :D

Wait, wait, we can't close the thread until somebody says the words "life support equipment."

Well done, Night Diver !!!!

Back
Top Bottom