Trade tanks for Dive Boat time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
One of the local Divemasters wants my Alum. 80 tanks because I have switched over to PST 119's. They have current hydros and VIP's are only a month old.

She told me to figure out what I wanted for them, then she said she would work something out if I wanted to trade my tanks for time on her dive shop's boat.

I plan to give up 2 tanks, and I don't know what is fair to ask for.

They usually charge $65 for a 2 tank dive from their boat.

Any ideas?

LIT

What percentage of the $65 is profit? If you can find out how much it actually costs to run the boat, pay the crew, etc., you could multiply that buy the number of trips you want until it is equal to the value of the tanks.

That would be the fair way for a cheap person. :D

SeanQ:
What percentage of the $65 is profit? If you can find out how much the it costs to run the boat, pay the crew, etc., you could multiply that buy the number of trips you want until it is equal to the value of the tanks.

That would be the fair way for a cheap person. :D

:11: That's Mr. Cheap to you, Excuse me - Frugal :D

How about 3 dive trips on her boat? That's $195 for your 2 tank, and not much out of pocket expense for her. What the heck, just give the tanks to me and if you ever come out to dive in California I'll let you use them for free. A win win situation.

You might be able to get 4 trips. In reality, if the dive boat is going out, it doesn't really cost extra for you to go. So its a very good trade for the dive boat operator. Because of this, you should be able to squeeze out an extra dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom