where should I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok..I live in the northeast and travel extensively for work. It's nothing for me to get on an airplane. I work from home when not traveling (this is important for this thread). I just spend a week in Pompano Beach, FL, doing many dives and doing some Padi specialties. I want to DIVE DIVE DIVE - I'm obsessed.
I want to find somewhere...it may be too late...to do that again before the end of the year (yes, a week from now) to spend a week. I'll work during the day...when I have free time, I'll find a boat operator to go out on. I want warm-ish water. I have to be able to get there easily from the northeast US - like the Caribbean or southeast US...or even Central America. Here's my needs:
1) have to have internet and mobile phone - my work requires it
2) can't be TOO expensive
3) must have dive operators running
4) I'm going alone so I have to be able to find people to dive.
Ok, so how's that for a challenge? I want to dive nights if possible, days when I'm free, weekends I'll do 8 or more if they'll let me (gotta love EANx!), and meet the above needs.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
And, of course, you're welcome to join!
Steve

Bonaire....go to Info Bonaire - The Bonaire Information Site - The Most Current and Up-To-Date Information
and Bonaire Talk - The place to discuss everything and anything about Bonaire!
and Welcome to the Buddy Dive Resort website

We stayed at Buddy's last year, internet access for the week right from our room for small $$ charge. Shore dive right there at resort or take one of the 3 daily boat dives. Easy stuff. Get one of the rooms with kitchen, take your rental truck (comes with the room) and hit the local grocery store to fill up fridge with bread, cheese, sliced meats, beer, water, sodas). Breakfast buffet with huge amounts of food is included in price so eat a big breakfast, lunch in your room of a sandwich, then dinner out or cook something back at the room.
check out my Bonaire videos to see more....

robin:D

would like to ask the same question,,but only for some place in Florida..answers to his questions 2,3 and 4,and also the warmish water part ..LOL,,thanks

if you're looking for Florida, try El-Ray's Dive Shop in Pompano Beach. I just spent a week at the Ebb Tide Beach Resort and with El Rays...it was quite a combination. Chat with Brian, the store manager (brian.elrays@yahoo.com) - he's a great guy. You can do shore dives, boat, wreck, deep, etc. I was considering revisiting there but want to try something else if I can find it. they even picked me up at the airport and dropped me off. I saved by no car $.

Steve, you have to realize, the best diving around is here in the NorthEast! Yeah, WWW diving can be had in Florida, but Wreck Valley is where it's at!

OK, the water isn't too warmish, but is warmer than the north and you do four dives a day, with mantas, sharks, dolphins and the diving is so fabulous you don't realize if you are cold. The Solmar V in Socorro Islands out of Cabo San Lucas MX. The boat has a computer in the main salon that you can get out on internet, whenever you want, you dive from the dingies as a small group, so you always have people there as buddies and it is a blast Check out my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9il1hD2Mmgs

folks, appreciate the suggestions!! I can't do a live-aboard. I must be able to do conference calls & so on during the day and be on the internet. Unfortunately, this is not intended as a vacation rather a different place to work and I'll dive during my free time. Boats are too noisy for those client calls. I'm hoping to find a beach-side location with an inexpensive motel (I'll dig up the motel) where there are operators that run regularly. I contacted Ocean Divers out of the Keys...that might be the way to go if I can get there. Thanks for the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom