Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bahamas or Cozumel??

Travel Professional

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    Definatley Cozumel and not Nassau. If you want to do the Bahamas I would suggest a liveaboard. The diving around Nassau is not nearly as great as Cozumel. I think Cozumel is now better with more big stuff than before hurricane Wilma. Prices are better in Cozumel and you have great hotels to chose from too. One of my favorites is all inclusive also, Park Royal.
    If you are looking for a real budget place but nice and clean, then Casa Del Mar is good. Upgrade to an oceanview room so you have a place to hang your gear...you get a patio with an oceanview room. They have hangers out on the balcony for you so you dont have to leave your wet stuff in the shower. I am a dive travel agent and go to cozumel alot and love it!
    IF you really want to do the Bahamas, I would suggest the Juliet from Miami to the Bimini chain of islands or Explorer Ventures from Georgetown. These are both good not real expensive liveaboard that will give you lots of diving, good food and great service.
    Divergirl 50
    Ft. Worth, TX

www.AffordableTrips.NET

Regular of the Pub

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    Quote Originally Posted by divergirl50 View Post
    Definatley Cozumel and not Nassau. If you want to do the Bahamas I would suggest a liveaboard. The diving around Nassau is not nearly as great as Cozumel. I think Cozumel is now better with more big stuff than before hurricane Wilma. Prices are better in Cozumel and you have great hotels to chose from too. One of my favorites is all inclusive also, Park Royal.
    If you are looking for a real budget place but nice and clean, then Casa Del Mar is good. Upgrade to an oceanview room so you have a place to hang your gear...you get a patio with an oceanview room. They have hangers out on the balcony for you so you dont have to leave your wet stuff in the shower. I am a dive travel agent and go to cozumel alot and love it!
    IF you really want to do the Bahamas, I would suggest the Juliet from Miami to the Bimini chain of islands or Explorer Ventures from Georgetown. These are both good not real expensive liveaboard that will give you lots of diving, good food and great service.
    I'm going to the Cancun/Cozumel area in November so I'm glad to hear you think its better now post-Wilma. I'm curious what you mean though by more big stuff...shipwrecks, etc?

Sr. Moderator

Just dive.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    I was waffleing between Coz and Hawaii, Hawaii won. I may revisit the Coz plan next year. I'm on the West Coast and Hawaii is one plane ride, Coz is an all day affair to reach.

Dave
    Dave

To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

Advertiser Representative

In Cayman & Cozumel next
    week..anyone else? Send me a
    message..

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Definatley Cozumel and not Nassau. Prices are better in Cozumel and you have great hotels to chose from too. One of my favorites is all inclusive also, Park Royal.
    I'll second Park Royal. I used to stay either there or Plaza Las Glorias. Coz over Nassau~~ I also agree.
    Peace and Love,
    Please support our Banner Advertisers. They help bring ScubaBoard to you!
    www.spacecitytravel.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    I have been to Bahamas and Cozumel both in the last year. I definitely recommend Cozumel. Cozumel has abundant life, better water, better reefs and its still pretty cheap. You can find cheap fares, and now is a good time of year to go there. I went to Cozumel in July, Turks and Caicos in March, and Bahamas last summer. I think the reefs in the Bahamas are starting to deteriorate because of all the people buying islands and spreading into previously uninhabitated areas causing new runoff into the ocean. It's a shame.

Regards,
    - Jim
    _____________"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Sailjuliet.com

I did the Juliet twice; once to the Bahamas and once to the Turks. I definitely think Capt John runs a great ship. It is well worth the price, and you will be well fed and well cared for.

Checkout sailjuliet.com

Regards,
    - Jim
    _____________"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I love the Bahamas but not a fan of Nassau, try Grand Bahama for diving instead.

Blacklight Poster

keep you from getting bent

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    They both have great diving but Nassau is very expensive IMO. It's $85 for a 2-tank dive in Nassau and the hotels are twice the price comapred to CZM. Of course, the shark encounters in Nassau are nice but CZM is just so much more affordable.
    Brian // E-divers
    50% Off ScubaPro, Apeks, and Aqua Lung Gear, Click here
    MINDSET - SKILLSET - TOOLSET - IN THAT ORDER!

Marine Scientist

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    I know many divers that have done both Cozumel and Nassau.

From that, there are many that liked Cozumel enough to be repeat customers.

I don't know anybody that does repeat trips to Nassau. Not for the diving, anyhoo.:11:

Personally, I only use Nassau as a stopover to somewhere better in the Bahamas, like Andros, San Salvador... even Eleuthera.

Blacklight Poster

keep you from getting bent

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Well,,,,, I've gone to Nassau for two day trips every year for the past three years. There are spectacular walls in Nassau that rival anything that San Salvador (Riding Rock) or CZM has to offer (except there's little current in Nassau so you have to swim).

That being said, I'm a repeat CZM customer as well and have actually been there more times in the last ten years than Nassau.
    Brian // E-divers
    50% Off ScubaPro, Apeks, and Aqua Lung Gear, Click here
    MINDSET - SKILLSET - TOOLSET - IN THAT ORDER!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast