Question How does Cozumel compare to other dive destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally loved and did not love Maui diving.

The Moloki Crater was mind blowing to me coming from the Caribbean. The water out at the Crater was crystal clear with visibility likely approaching 100ft. The diversity and colors were stunning. There are also pelagics if you are lucky...

However, other dives were on an old tank, a small sunken boat, some tires, etc that were artificial reefs. The visibility was poor due to silt in the water and dive time limited due to 75-80 ft dives on air. The life was amazing but meh conditions.

However, there are reefs right at the shore all over the place you can snorkel and have an "amazing dive" that will rival the Caribbean. Or you can rent a tank and do a shore dive. You will see all kinds of angels and other fish, a wide variety of eels, giant turtles, etc all from shore. If I go back I'll do a single morning of diving out to that crater and just snorkel the rest of the time. And believe me I *LOVE* diving but the snorkeling is that good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom