Best all inclusive adult resort in Playa de Carmen and dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

golfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently got certified in Exuma, Bahamas at Sandals. Best vacation ever! I am now planning a dive trip to Mayan Riviera and need some advice on a great beach front all inclusive resort and a good dive shop that offers great customer service. Any suggestions?

The Mayan Riviera includes pretty much the entire coastline south of Cancun...

Playa del Carmen has good diving. But unless you're committed to that particular bit of the Mayan Riviera, you have better options.

Cancun diving is, in my opinion, better. More sea life, better reefs and more sites. Hard bottom at 60' or less at most of those sites, excellent visibility, and little or no current.
In Cancun, we always stay at Temptation Resort and dive with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.

Cozumel is 30 miles east of Playa del Carmen and offers the same sea life and reefs as Cancun. But if you choose deeper sites, you will find more spectacular reef structure than Cancun. The visibility is also excellent, but diving there is always drift diving and currents can get pretty quick at times.
On Cozumel, we always diving with Aldora Divers.
We've stayed at the Hotel Cozumel and while the resort was nice, we found that the menu options were fairly limited. It's right in the heart of San Miguel, so it's easy to go somewhere else to eat. There's no real beach on this part of the island.
We've also stayed at the Sabor. Several restaurants with excellent food and a nice beach. But it's quite a ways from town, so you have to either plan for lots of taxi trips, or stay at the resort.

South of Playa, but Blue Experience Diving is just the best!

I guess the Moderators got tired of moving threads to the respective geographic forums where they'd work better and gave up? It'd be better to ask there I think...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom