Punta Cana Diving Non existent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

molina67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I just returned from and all inclusive vacation to the Iberostar Dominicana at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We wanted to do a dive there but quickly found out that we were on the wrong side of the island. If you are planning a trip to the Dominican Republic and want to get in a dive you should look into La Romana. This is where you have to go to see anything from what we were told. If you do go to Punta Cana, you can do an excursion to this area but it would have cost us over $500 plus equipment for two and we had our regulators, masks and snorkel. The trip was great just wish I could have gotten in a dive.

This is the entrance to the beach.

Attachments

• DSCN0048.jpg
    DSCN0048.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 235
Um, excuse me but it sounds like the intel was lacking in the planning for this operation. But now we have the recon.

You can dive in Punta Cana but there is a lot of surge and the reef is pretty dead. The south coast has the best diving...the dive operators are all located in the village of Bayahibe (near la Romana).

I went to Samana / Las Galleras in September and thought the diving I did out of the resort with Scubalibre was OK. I did bring my own gear.

Back
Top Bottom