Antigua 29 Aug - 13 Sept....anyone going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone from the board likely to be doing any diving in Antigua between 29th August and 13th September?

Has anyone ever dived with Deep Bay divers there?

Although I won't be there, my wife and I spent a week at the Divi... alll inclusive, including two boat dives/day...

I was not all that impressed (we did Saba the week before), and comparatively, it is rather poor diving... Nowhere near as good as say Bonaire, Grand Cayman, little cayman, Utila, Roatan, Saba...

Lobsters seemed abundant, and I remember a dive master ascending quickly with one - trying to be all secretive (it turned out he did this regularly for his dinner)... no one saw him but me...

My only recollection of a great dive (when is there ever a bad dive? Even in the northeast with 5 foot vis. and 52 degree water, they are all good) was "Billy's Grotto.' Lots (6 or 7) of very big (6-10 feet long - they dwarfed me, for sure) nurse sharks under many ledges...

Pettifogger once bubbled...
Although I won't be there, my wife and I spent a week at the Divi... alll inclusive, including two boat dives/day...

I was not all that impressed (we did Saba the week before), and comparatively, it is rather poor diving... Nowhere near as good as say Bonaire, Grand Cayman, little cayman, Utila, Roatan, Saba...

Lobsters seemed abundant, and I remember a dive master ascending quickly with one - trying to be all secretive (it turned out he did this regularly for his dinner)... no one saw him but me...

My only recollection of a great dive (when is there ever a bad dive? Even in the northeast with 5 foot vis. and 52 degree water, they are all good) was "Billy's Grotto.' Lots (6 or 7) of very big (6-10 feet long - they dwarfed me, for sure) nurse sharks under many ledges...

Very good summary of Antigua diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom