PADI dive shop suggestions for Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

delphis12

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
If anyone has any previous experience/suggestions for dive shops in Hawaii I'd be most appreciative. There are SO many to choose from. Basically I'm looking to finish my ePADI online this week for adv. open water & do the checkout dives next week. I fly into Honolulu and I've never been to Hawaii--so convenience plays a role, but I'm not opposed to completing the dives on a different island. I just need suggestions. Travel dates March 14-22. Thanks!

I'll second Dennis' suggestions for the big island. I had great experiences with Jack's and with Kona Honu. No experience on any of the other islands...

Another vote for Gabe (scottitheduck) and crew at Kaimana Divers on Oahu. I did my OW and AOW with another shop before I found them. I just completed my PADI Deep specialty with Kaimana. My brother did his OW with them in January. I wish I would have known about them before my OW and AOW last year. They're a great crew, professional, and fun at the same time.

Diving here in the islands is, I feel, best on the Kona coast of the Big Island. Jack's is a good choice if what you want is a large operation that runs more like the mainland, if you want a bit more of a local feel, there are a large number of smaller outfits.

Here a list of the dive shops on all the island, and I know you said you wouldn't be opposed to going to another island, but you have to remember your no-fly time also. This may cut into a day that you could be diving instead, So you have to plan accordingly

Hawaii Scuba Diving - Complete Guide to Diving Hawaii

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom