xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TecDiveGear

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Good morning all :)
I'm happy to announce that long expected BLACK - bottom timer / upgrade-able to NITROX / TRIMIX computer will be available to buy this Friday July 26th !

For those who doesn't know BLACK or know very little. BLACK is a ultra compact measuring 56x57x24mm computing unit that can be loaded with bottom timer, EANx and Trimix
software. User upgrade the unit whenever he wants by simply purchasing the upgrade pack and loading it via Micro USB port to the computing unit.

BLACK Computing Unit - Hardware features:

- Full color, high resolution OLED display;
- Big balanced buttons with electronic sensor (very easy to operate);
- Build in digital compass;
- Build in accelerometer with screen flip;
- Automatic screen brightness control with internal light sensor;
- USB port;
- Can be charged with any smartphone microUSB charger;
- Samsung Li-ion battery - 20-40 hours of work, 1.5h to full load;
- Advanced power management - inform how many hours will work;
- Ultra compact size;
- Strap and bunge mount.

Bottom timer - General software features:

- Multiple switchable screens - user can set the order and switch on or switch off particular screen;
- U.VSI - very precise vertical speed indicator showing ascent/descend speed regarding to set optimal/maximum speed for particular depth range;
- Digital compass with Guide.ME function - device automatically navigates over the waypoints;
- 16 build in color shemes + user defined color scheme;
- Special alarm color codes;
- Max depth alarm, total dive time alarm, avg depth alarm, alarm clock;
- Powerfull logbook with huge memory (UDDF export);
- Very quick firmware upgrade;

EANx computer - General software features:

- Buhlmann ZHL-16C;
- Three mixes up to 100% O2 switchable underwater;
- PPO2 alarms additionally to general alarms;
- Multiple switchable screens - user can set the order and switch on or switch off particular screen;
- U.VSI - very precise vertical speed indicator showing ascent/descend speed regarding to set optimal/maximum speed for particular depth range;
- Digital compass with Guide.ME function - device automatically navigates over the waypoints;
- Max depth alarm, total dive time alarm, avg depth alarm, alarm clock;

TriMix computer - General software features:

- 16 mixes with "backup mix" option - user can set the mix as ON, BACKUP and OFF
The mixes in ON state will be selected as the computer during the dive. BACKUP mixes can be selected manually by user (it may be partner's gas).
- Max depth alarm, total dive time alarm, avg depth alarm, alarm clock; - PPO2 alarms additionally to general alarms;

Participating xDeep dealers will start a pre-sale for xDeep Bottom Timer Unit on Friday, July 26th.
Units will be delivered to purchasing customers on first come first serve basis as there will be few batches initially delivered by manufacturer.
The actual units will start to be shipped out at the end of July.

Retail price list:
BLACK Bottom Timer $429
BLACK EANx Computer $629
BLACK Trimix Computer $799

Software Upgrade Pack Bottom Timer -> EANx - $200 (Available soon)
Software Upgrade Pack EANx -> Trimix - $180 (Available soon)

So if you bought the tri-mix version would you still had to get the EANx upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you bought the tri-mix version would you still had to get the EANx upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you just put only EANx gases instead of Trimix and it calculate you deco on available gas(es).

I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews on these things. From the specs it looks promising. Nice price point also.

Super stoked! Cant wait to get my hands on one!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Very nice, and was hoping for the $350 mark, but not disappointed. Eager for the reviews.

Yes, I am in the market as well and look forward to reviews.

Any chance for gas integration?

Closed circuit/fixed setpoint support on this or purely an OC computer?

xDeep Black full rebreather computer (software pack) is a next year project.

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 AM ----------

Just a little economical hint.
Buying a bottom timer first and then upgrading it to either EANx or Trimix computer makes most sense since BT price + upgrade software pack = purchased with pre-loaded software EANx or Trimix price
and you own the BT / EANx software if you ever wanna go back. If for instance you will get unit with pre-loaded EANx computer software and then you would like to use it as a Bottom Timer you will have to get (paid) a
BT software and same with Trimix.

Cheers.

Does the BT show temperature?

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 12:48 PM ----------

And any screen shots for the EANx and Trimix? I would like to see the presentation of data. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom