Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryNL

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All - a brief intro...

I first got into diving during a holiday on Malta, where I did my PADI OW course. I didn't do much though for the next 3 years except a few holiday dives, then a couple of years ago I bought my own gear and started diving at home in the Netherlands. I've currently done around 75 dives including some in Greece and Egypt. I also did the PADI-AOW course a couple of years ago.

For the future, I'm doing the Rescue course starting in a couple of weeks and might think about doing Divemaster sometime next year. I'm also getting interested in the DIR way of doing things and am slowly changing my gear over as money allows (gotta spring for that backplate and wing sometime).

El Orans:
Hoi Barry,

We moeten maar eens gaan duiken. In welke regio zit je?

Als je echt fanatiek bent zou ik ook eens naar www.frogkick.nl en de DIR-NL mailing list kijken.

Laurens

Ik zit in Amersfoort en duik regelmatig dus in Vinkeveen, Spiegelplas/Blijkpolder enz. Waar zit jij?

Ik heb de frogkick.nl site gezien maar ik denk dat DIR-NL een gesloten lijst is - alleen voor DIR duikers.

HEY guys English.....:lol: I agree about the BP/W. I have been thinking about going that direction myself. Welcome to the board.

Glad to have you with us. We get a lot of Dutch divers. Maybe you need your own sub forum to help y'all connect...?

:cowboy: don

A few suggestions I do like to offer every new member. First, it's good to keep your Profile with location and Dive Info with number of dives up to date so other members can address any questions appropriately; edit these as possibly needed from your UserCP above or the Quick Links above.

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Back
Top Bottom