"YO!" From Philly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeeH

Registered
Reaction score
New guy here, residing in Bucks County, PA about 45 miles northwest of Philly.

After many years of interruptions, excuses and general procrastination I'm finally enrolled in an OW SCUBA class (NAUI). I need to thank my wife who gave me the class for my 56th birthday this month (after years of hints). We're nearing the halfway mark in the course and our OW checkout dives are scheduled for 10/23 and 10/30 at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA. Class is going well and the instructors are great; I'm beginning to put the skills together and feeling more comfortable.....the confidence is coming with it. Having enjoyed many snokeling experiences in Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean I had no issue with putting my face in the water but all the new equipment does take some getting used to.

A little personal info helps to get to know what someone is all about so here are the vital statistics! My wife and I have enjoyed 31 years of marraige and both kids (1 boy, 1 girl) are out on their own. In fact, last Friday 9/16 our daughter made us grandparents for the first time when she and her husband (an ex-diver thanks to a ruptured ear drum) gave birth to a healthy, beautiful, baby boy. They live near us so we plan to spoil that kid rotten!! Our son is in the film and TV production industry in NYC. My job as the manager of production planning for a US company that operates in several countries requires that I travel but I don't expect that to interfere with my diving. We are boaters and this year moved up from a 32' Carver express cruiser to our gorgous Silverton 351 convertible. We boat in the Chesapeake Bay and love it there. Unfortunately, the Chesapeake Bay is not know for good diving :jpshakehe but at least I'll be able to clean the bottom of the boat once I get my C card.

Finally, after I get my C card my first diving trip will be to Bonaire with our local dive shop in either March or August.

I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and picking brains here!

Hey MikeeH welcome to ScubaBoard and good luck cleaning your bottom. :D
David

Murph,
Thanks for the link. I checked it and found the Sarasota thread particularly valuable.. I left a post there. :bang:

David,
A clean bottom is the sign of a good, eh, boater..... :wink:

:thumb: Hello MikeeH, I wanted to give you a warm welcome to Scuba Board. You came to the right place to meet other divers and find answers for things you are looking for. If you have any questions please let me know and (you can PM me also) I will try and point you in the right direction. and Safe Diving. Matt. :drummer:

And thanks for your great intro - hope we can help you get going...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

hope you enjoy it here a tiny fraction as much as i do - if so, you'll really really like it here!

Thanks all. Class is progessing well and I'm looking forward to getting my C-card so I can make the Bonaire trip. Perhaps I'll go for Advanced while there.

Back
Top Bottom