Real 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blueskys4ever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My father James J.Paulley "JJ" moved us to Florida in 1969. We drove south during the aftermath of hurricane Camile. He landed a machinist job for a company called Real 8. This was a salvage company for sunken Spanish Gallions. Although my father never dove for the company,he bought all new Dacor gear for my brother and I. It was state of the art stuff back then. We dove Florida's caves and oceans. What a great way to grow up!

Real 8 was run by Mel Fischer. Most of these peolpe I would expect to be dead by now.

My father also new thing guy names Ribikoff. He made some inpressive underwater camera housings for super 8 film. I still have two of these that are like new.

Anyhow, I live in Tucson, now. I dive mostly in San Carlos, Mexico. I think I will go for a NAUI Instructor rating.

Hey welcome to the site! And wow to have a dad in the dive history=COOL! must of been GREAT! I'm sure a few old time divers are still around,
have fun on the site,
Brad

Welcome to SB Blueskys4ever! Sounds like you are genetically engineered to dive - you will need to dive more than work for sure.

John

Even I recognize the name Mel Fischer. Quite a background...

Glad you've joined us here. Enjoy...

:bandit_2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hello Blueskys4ever and welcome to Scubaboard! Your introduction is fascinating, glad you've joined!

Great story! My brother and I had all DACOR during the late 70's(we thought it was the coolest!) Welcome to SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom