Greeting from Hotlanta!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laurelgsc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, not very hot right now, but I am looking forward to my next tropical destination. At least we don't get a lot of snow and today is mid 50's and sunny. I am new to diving and would just like to say hello to everyone. I have been cruising Scubaboard for about 2 weeks now reading all your posts. I do appreciate the information and the humor. I had some really good laughs over some of your posts. I love diving, even though I have only done 9 dives and I hope to buy my own gear soon. Thinking about a Seaquest Libra BCD and Scuba pro regulator MK25/r390. I am also thinking about the Aeris Elite dive computer. If anyone has any gear advice, which I know you all do, would love it. My local LDS offers the ability to try out all gear in the pool before you dive, which is great. Would like to hook up with divers in the ATL area. My boyfriend is soon to be certified (February) and we will be looking for local dives as well as tropical destinations.

Merry Christmas,:14:

Welcome to SB!

I think the R390 is going to be discontinued in the near future (to be replaced by the R295) and price may drop if you wait.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=122066

The MK25 is a great reg for warm water; hose routing for single tank diving is excellent - my gf is currently using a MK25/G250HP/R390 backup. I use an R390 backup as well - very reliable so far.

Laurel,
A hearty !!!WELCOME!!! to the SubaBoard.
I bet that would be SeaVentures !!!
My wife dives a SeaQuest "Libra" and loves it.

You can meet a number of Atlanta area divers in the "Lake Lanier Looney Bird" forum.

Once again, welcome!

Safe dives . . . . . . .
. . . and safer ascents

the K

Kraken,

You got it Seaventures. I did my certification dives with them over Thanksgiving in the keys and had a blast (except for one minor fish feeding incident due to choppy seas). Wyatt is a great instructor. I just have to take the plunge and buy my own gear now. I would love to join you guys at Lake Lanier on New Years Day, but I only have a 3mm wetsuit and I know I would freeze my butt off in that. I think we will be headed back to the Keys in March with Seaventures for my boyfriend to do his cert dives, but once it warms up we will be game for some local dives as well.

Merry Christmas

Hi laurelgsc, welcome to ScubaBoard, glad you could join us, and Merry Christmas to you too. :hert: :santasmil :xmas3: :xmas: :xmas_2:
David

Welcome to the board and your new addiction. Don't forget to check the Florida Conch Divers forum when you want to come to Florida and dive...

Hi Laurel...This is not chauvenistic(sp)...but there are alot of BC's that are made specifically to fit women...I'm not familiar with the Libra...it may be a women's BC. In that case please disregard:) But welcome to the board and Happy Holidays back at ya. You may be able to save some money by giving family members a little hint:)

Welcome to the board!

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom