Hello, from the mid-west

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heliflyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
Not only am I new to this great sight I'm also new to diving.I
LOVE it.But as can be expected I have many questions.So I guess
the first question is were to post for opinions on new gear.My wife
and I are in the process of looking and are ready to purchase BC's,
regs. and gauges(with computer).I've done a ton of research on sights like these and local dive shops and pretty much have my mind set on ScubaPro(Nighthawk back inflate,MK25 w/S600) or Oceanic equipment(Delta 4 reg.,and Excursion BC),I also am really leaning towards the Oceanic VEO250 swiv console.Any non
biased(dealers)opinions would be great,please help.Thanks.
Lanny

Welcome to the board! Fill out your profile a bit so we can get to know you. There is a Meet-n-Greet at Gilboa Quarry in Findlay, OH April 28-30 and you are more than welcome to join us. Would be a great opportunity to try out different kinds of gear, all of us Scubaboarders usually bring enough gear for two and we're happy to share :D I've got a Dive Rite G2500ICE regulator you could try out, great reg for cold water!

Ber :lilbunny:

Welcome to Scubaboard. Your LDS will push whatever they carry, as a rule.
You might consider Scubatoys, they advertise here, you can check their feedback here as well.

Howdy from The Lone Star State!

You can learn a lot here. Good luck.

Glad you're here - PM me if I can help you find your way around...

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-006.gif

Thanks for the welcome folks! Ithink diving is an addiction because it's all I seem to think about :) . Dandy, mife wife and I are going back to Coz for the third time in August,we love it there. It will be our second time diving there. That is one reason we are investing in our own gear(regs.,BCD,gauges and computers).I'm trying to decide between ScubaPro gear and Oceanic. Any preferances folks? Any advise would help in this matter. Thanks..
Lanny @ Kelly

P.S. I lived in Lovland,Anton for around 2 years back in the late 70's,still have one of my best friend is the mayor of Anton. Loved working the cotton farm :)

I have more Oceanic than Scuba Pro, but both are excellent brands. Might depend more on your LDS and how you like working with them.

You liked working on the cotton farm. I take it you didn't do several 80 hour weeks in a row. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom