Hello!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeffykins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! My name is Jeff, most people call me Jeffy. I'm 22 years old, from Denver Colorado, and I have never scuba dived before in my life.

Haha! But, sharks are my passion. I've been completely obsessed since I can remember. And it's always been my dream to work with them for a living. Unfortunately as most people knows, dreams aren't always so easily reached, and Colorado certainly isn't the best locale for sharks! Haha!

But, I'm hoping to make my dream a reality someday, and I feel like my first step to do so is to become Dive Master Certified. That way, I will have the diving knowledge I need in order to apply at places for jobs that may network me up to where I would like to go.

So, if you're still interested, here's my plan. From what I've heard, some of the best and friendliest diving you can find is the bay islands, Utila and Roatan. My cousin who did some serious backpacking a few years ago, ended up living on Utila for a little over 3 months and in that time became Dive Master Certified. My plan is to do the same, minus the backpacking.

My questions will soon follow regarding things like, what're the best schools, which of the two islands would work best, cost of living, travel and all of the other good stuff. But I'll save all of that for the appropriate forums.

So please, say hello! :)

Hi there,welcome to :sblogo:

Questions...Just fire away.:D

WELCOME TO :sblogo:

Did you say SHARKS? Hmm I think I might know of some! I have had some pretty great dives with them in many areas of US coastal waters! You will find lots of information here and please keep us informed on your progress!

Carolyn:sharks:

Carolyn, you may have just become my new favorite person, based on your username alone! Haha!!

That is awesome that you are so into sharks! It's kind of a rarity to find(at least for me) people as fascinated by them as I am! I really hope to make a career out of working with them, and I really feel like diving would be my best approach to doing so! Let me know if you have any advice on how to pursue shark diving as a possible career path! :thumb:

And thank you and 300bar for the warm welcome. I'm nowhere NEAR new to forums, and finding a good forum with people willing to be outgoing right off the bat is hard! Haha! So thanks for that!

Back
Top Bottom