Allow myself to introduce…ummm…myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi from the gulf coast-so glad to be back in Florida and looking forward to doing some diving again. I have been diving off and on for about 15 years. I originally got certified by SSI, and then I picked up an AOW with NAUI (Great Course!) and then a rescue diver with PADI (not as fun but good info). I am toying with the idea of picking up my Dive Masters cert from the Y but it is still a debate.
I also almost got NITROX certified years ago and have done many NITROX dives but I don’t have the card so going back and getting that is on my list.
As for dive gear, not that you asked but I have no one to talk SCUBA with, I have been looking over my stuff and most of it is 12 years old or better (Great for scotch-maybe not so good for dive gear). I use a SeaQuest Spectrum 3 and love it, a US Divers SE3, ScubaPro Air2, Oceanic dive computer (not sure the make but just replaced the batteries) Mares quarto fins, Tusa liberator mask, and a ScubaPro shotgun 2 snorkle (probably the only thing I regret having spent money on but it wasn’t really much and me and my wife snorkel a lot). Can you tell I have no brand loyalty?
I had considered selling some things so I could buy new but it looks like old dive gear is about as valuable as old race cars. All and all, I am still happy with the set up but I am looking at getting a new BC (probably back inflated->probably seaquest->Malibu or Balance) and a new computer (I would like air integrated but that can really wait)
So after I get everything serviced again I’ll be looking at getting back in the water somewhere around the Alabama/Florida line.

Welcome to SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom