new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
My name is jasper. My wife and I are new to dining and have been certified for one year. our last dive was in costa rica. We would like to go in august some place in the caribbean. We would like clear warm water. Would you recommend shore or boat diving for newbies? Where would we have the best experience ? What dive shops condos or hotels would anyone want to recommend

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Both shore or boat can be fine. However, I would highly recommend hopping on a live-aboard for the best experience. You should try one of the vessels that advertise on SB; Explorer Adventures, Siren Fleet or Aggressor Fleet!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Welcome to SB. Not knowing your budget it is tough to say. The liveaboard would be great but they can be pricey.

For destinations, Cozumel, Roatan, Bonaire and Belize are always high on most lists. A dive resort might be good for you as a new diver. Someplace like Scuba Club Cozumel or Cocoview Resort in Roatan or Buddy Dive in Bonaire.. I'm sure more folks will give their input as well.

We just returned from Guanaja in the Bay Islands. It was a bit remote but had a private dive guide for the trip. It was G&G's Clearwater Paradise.

Shore diving and/or boat diving really depends on you, the sea and your skill level. There should be safe dive spots anywhere you go. Look into the types of diving and what you see at the different destinations and use that to help guide your way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom