Another New Person! (LOL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RBachman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All!

I've been a "lurker" for a bit but finally decided to take the plunge.

I'm Richard (or "RBachman"). I'm recently relocated to Columbia South Carolina (my home town) following a period of endentured servitude (courtesy of the United States Air Force) and civilian work in Chicago (10 years in Barrington, IL.) and Norfolk, Virginia (4 years).

I've recently "re-entered" diving following a "brief" 4 year absence (doing the single Dad thing). Now that my son has decided to take the plunge (THANK GOD!....and thanks to Wateree Dive Center for getting that young man of mine certified) I'M BACK!!!

Most of my diving has been the Florida Caves and the Lake Michigan wrecks along with min-vis artifact collections in the SC rivers (thanks to Alan A. and Ralph W. for those days at USC). Although, courtesy of the previously mentioned endentured servitude I've also had the pleasure of visiting many other wonderful areas mostly in the far East and Pacific.

While most of my diving has been more "tech" oriented with the caves, I'm anxious to get back to more taditional diving.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and my compliments to the forum's owner and the moderator's/admin's for providing such a wonderful site!

Rich

Thanks for your service, congrats on getting another young un into diving and welcome to the board!

Welcome to the front line. Nice to see your not lurking anymore. LOL

Hi Richard, welcome to the board.

As a former NC diver, let me be the first to invite you and your son to join us in South Florida some time. We have a very active group of divers located up and down both coasts and are in the water several days each week. We tend to do lots of shore diving, because it's cheap and easy and allows some remarkable bottom times, which are nice when you have a busy schedule and still like to dive every week.

You didn't say how young your son is, but if you want some nice, relatively safe dives with good vis, warm water, and lots of healthy reef to explore, look for us under Florida Conch Divers in the Scubaboard Clubs section. We post our plans under Private Trips.

All that being said, we have lots of members in the northern parts of the state too, so keep an eye out next time you visit the Springs.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

Check out the Deep South Diving forum for neighbours and info.

hanks for the warm welcome! My son is 15 and has really fallen in love with the sport already.

Thanks again!

Richard

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome aboard!!! Beware, some people call lurking stalking!! or is it stalking lurking?? Ahh.. you get the picture!! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom