Howdy from S.W. Missouri!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rat314

Registered
Reaction score
Springfield, Missouri 30 Miles North of Branson Mo
I am a newly certified diver living here in S.W. Missouri. Aurora Missouri is approx 35-40 miles NW of Branson Missouri. (Aka-Little Nashville.) I was certified toward the last of August 2004 and since then have had no time to take advantage of our late winter. I have however managed to obtain almost all the equipment that I will need to be ready for spring. (Hope it comes warm, and it comes early this year.) My primary interests in dive spots right now will be in the Big Creek area of Bull Shoals Lake, near the town of Peel Arkansas, where my Father and Mother live. This is land that was once owned by my family that was covered in water when the lake came in. My inlaws live in Southern Georgia and all along the Eastern Coast as far south as Miami Florida. Hope to make the acquaintance of any and all here, both locally and beyond.
Feel free to e-mail me if you are near my area and are in need of a dive buddy.
Dave

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi there Dave,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hello Dave, welcome to Scubaboard! This is an excellent resource to find information and network with divers from around the world!

Hi Neighbor (kinda)

Welcome to the Board. Be sure and check out our Midwest Muck Divers forum. The local (Kansas City) weatherman suggested that if a person has a couple extra dollars he/she might look into a snowblower this year. YUCK don't like the sounds of that.

Dreaming of Spring,
Becky

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! We are so happy to have you here... every diver has something to share, so we can't wait to hear from you!

If you have any questions or problems along the way, or you just want to chat, send me a PM (Thats a private message, it will give you the option to send me one when you click on my user name over there <------)

Have fun, and safe diving!

Kayla :dazzler1:

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your certification. Now that Old Man Winter has arrived, many of us Midwesterners will be impatiently waiting for Spring.

You mention Bull Shoals in your post, is that where you did your Open Water checkout dives?

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!!
I hope you find plenty of local dive buddies.
Happy to have you with us and hope to see your postings often as I bumble about the board bumping into things.

Tom

Loiret;
Actually No, I completed my check out dive at Jakes Point, near "Steal your Dollar City" on Table Rock lake. My parents just happen to live in a small town named Peel Arkansas, which is about 25 miles Northeast of Harrison Arkansas. They live 3-miles from the Ferry which crosses from Peel Arkansas to Protem Misouri. The tug used here is the old "Toadsuck Arkansas" ferry and is still free to the public also. I have fished this area since I was knee high and have always marveled at the clear water that seems to stay around most of the year. The lake covered alot of the land in this valley that was once owned by my family from my Mothers side. This includes an old school/church and the Wiggins family cemetary.
Nice to meet you and Have a Great Day.

Loiret:
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your certification. Now that Old Man Winter has arrived, many of us Midwesterners will be impatiently waiting for Spring.

You mention Bull Shoals in your post, is that where you did your Open Water checkout dives?

Back
Top Bottom