Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clevfunguy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to the scuba world, and my newest obsession. I start my classes for open water diving this Thursday (9/8), will be finished the beginning of October, and have my certification dive (here in Ohio...how smart is that LOL), around the mid/end of October. Then off to Hawaii to dive Oahu and Maui over Christmas and New Years.
Scuba is on my "To Do Before I Die" list....so I'm so excited to finally be pursuing it. I visit Hawaii often, and I'm guessing other areas will rapidly be added.
I've been reading everything I can get my hands on and enjoying every second...I can't wait to actually get into the water

Wow - what a great time to discover ScubaBoard. If you have questions about anything, just use the search feature and chances are you will find the answer!

Good luck on the classes!

wetrat

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hello there,

I'm also just got my open water certificate two weeks ago at thousand island in indonesia, and next week i'll go to bali dive sites such as tulamben, menjangan, nusa penida...I just can't wait that moment and crush into water..I'll send you pictures when I get there..

cheers,
hadi

clevfunguy:
Hello to the scuba world, and my newest obsession. I start my classes for open water diving this Thursday (9/8), will be finished the beginning of October, and have my certification dive (here in Ohio...how smart is that LOL), around the mid/end of October. Then off to Hawaii to dive Oahu and Maui over Christmas and New Years.
Scuba is on my "To Do Before I Die" list....so I'm so excited to finally be pursuing it. I visit Hawaii often, and I'm guessing other areas will rapidly be added.
I've been reading everything I can get my hands on and enjoying every second...I can't wait to actually get into the water

Actually not a "real" bad time to get certified. Water temps are still pretty good, even though air temps can vary a bit.

Biggest challenge will be to keep up your skills over the winter. Your trips will help, but hooking up with other divers and finding the ohio quarries will help.

bob

Welcome to the board. If you have a big suitcase that a person can fit in and need a buddy for Hawaii pm me! Seriously though, it is an activity that can quickly become an obsession. Just ask my fiance and my checkbook! Jim

Welcome to the board. You will find plenty of locations around the world that you would probably never looked at for vacation until now. Being a Scuba Diver you will look at the world with different eyes. I saw more open eyes.... Check out this link for some dive buddies.

Click here ---->[red]Great Lakes Wrecking Crew[/red]

:confined: Hello there clevfunguy, My name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the community. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. If you’d like to chat, please PM me. Just wanted to make you feel welcome!

Safe Diving, Take care.:azvatar:

Back
Top Bottom