New to the board :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k2wakeford

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
just wanted to say hello to all. i'm new to the board and am just cruisin' around and seeing what it is all about.

hope to talk to some of you soon.

-kathryn

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi Kathryn welcome aboard. Nice to have you. Are you diving locally in CA. I noticed you are located near a beach. Lucky you :wink:

Check our your So Calf Dive club forum here...

:zorros: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Wow, thanks everyone for such a nice, warm welcome. That is awesome! A bit about my dive history:

I first got certified when I was 15 through a school program I participated in down in the Keys -- I was hooked right away. Loved it so much.

I began traveling to dive -- I think about it now and I was really lucky --- my parents let me go to Costa Rica alone for a week of diving when I was barely out of high school. Crazy. It was great though.

I then got involved in a program through a local city college that had a "recreational diving" program -- it was basically a 2 year, associated degree program where you end up being an instructor by the end.....it was too long for me, I wanted to make it happen more quickly.

So I went to an ITC back in the Keys -- it was definitely one of the most amazing experiences. I ended up staying down there for about 2 years and working my butt off -- in the shop, on the boat and waitressing at night. I burnt out. Fast. I ended up not enjoying diving anymore. At all.

So, here I am -- almost ten years later, I haven't gone diving in that long....can you believe it? It was my life. Every few years I have this itch to re-explore my initial passion and then I get sidetracked with something else. But I keep feeling like I should be doing something about it......

That's my story.

DandyDon:
Check our your So Calf Dive club forum here...

:zorros: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Back
Top Bottom