New to scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings,
My name is Wes and I recently went to Hawaii for a week. While I was there I had lots of success snorkeling, I am a veteran snokler', lived on the beach in Bradenton, FL for like 5 years.
I decided while I was in Oahu, to go ahead and try scuba. I called Aaron's Dive SHop and got in on a dive. The instructor, Simon, was awsome he was very patient and got me going in no time. Moments later I was deeper than I have ever been 45' down looking at incredible fish and a beautiful reef. Well I have been home for 2 days and all I can think about is Hawaii, in fact I am thinking I will become a dive master and maybe go back to hawaii for awhile. Or maybe somewhere even better!
I am not familier with all of the "best" gear, but am ready to buy some dive gear. Any help or recommendations would be great.
I am also a Treasure hunter, I have been metal detecting for awhile now and am really ready to get an underwater unit and maybe dive some wrecks etc...
Anyway, it will be a pleasure to get to know some of the people on this Forum.

Mahalo!
rabbitsurprise

Welcome to our world and our passon. I would recommend that you rent for a while until you have a better idea of what you like. Try various type of BCs , fins etc. until something clicks.

welcome to the boards! good luck with your metal detector, ive always wanted one of those:) dive safe

I snorkeled quite a bit on trips then finally tried a resort course, too. And here we are...!!

More training is always good, but enjoy your diving. Experience seems to be a lot moe important than DM training, but both together is even better...

:zorros: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hey Wes,

I was in Hawaii a couple months ago diving with Aaron's too. They're a great bunch of folks aren't they? Next time you go back you will have more logged dives and probably be a DM. Imagine how cool that will be! Welcome aboard and if I can answer any questions for you, shoot me a private message!

wetrat

Hey Wes and welcome to ScubaBoard, feel free to pick the brains of this very knowledgable group on gear choices, you will get an ear full, but remember you're the one who's going to use it, so pick what suits you.
David

Hello rabbitsurprise,
:yl2jump: Welcome to ScubaBoard! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here. There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care and Happy Diving. Matt. :snorkels:

Back
Top Bottom