Hello, from another n00b diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea-Man

New
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello!

I have been doing some brief searching on the infamous PADI vs. NAUI question to get me started. I actually already enrolled in a NAUI class and will going to St. Kitts later this month where I will test my n00b skills. I unfortunately am taking the crash course since I am doing this last minute, but my instructor seems to be a good, knowledgeable teacher. They offer both NAUI and PADI courses at Chesapeake Underwater Sports which is in Annapolis, MD.

I am looking forward to learning to dive as I have always been a water freak. My parents got me swimming @ a young age (many thanks) and since then have swimming in the Chesapeake Bay. My mother owns a beach cottage in Silver Beach, VA which is the Bay side of the peninsula.

The only other troplcal swimming I have done was in the BVI many years ago which consisted of reef snorkeling.

Anyway, Hi!

Hey Sea-Man, welcome to ScubaBoard, good luck getting certified. It really helps if you are a good swimmer and comfortable in the water.
David

Don't get to hung up on the NAUI vs. PADI thing-having a good instructor is what really matters. Welcome to SB!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Glad to have you join us! :thumb:

:cowboy2: don

flanders_-_HI_NOOB.gif

welcome to SB!​

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom