New To Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spirit_lupis

Reaction score
Hello my fiancé and I just took and introduction to diving course and it really perked our interests. We are talking now about getting certified. I found the board and wanted to join to learn about diving. Thanks, hope to get to know you all better soon.

Welcome. I think you'll find lots of encouragement here.

Welcome to the SB.... Lots of great information here..Enjoy :D

You've certainately come to the right place. The guys (and girls) here will help you with anything you need. Just ask.

welcome to the great adventure of diving and to scuba board

Hello my fiancé and I just took and introduction to diving course and it really perked our interests. We are talking now about getting certified.

Welcome to the best diving talk site on the web! Sometime soon fill out a diving profile and keep it updated, also, watch the profiles of people who you read. You may see conflicting answers to your questions. . . look in the profile for experience. You will see some answers from frightened new divers. Don't worry. . . diving is safer than driving to your dive site. Your profile shows St. Louis as your home. . . You can choose lots of fresh water locations in Southern Mo. or Northern Arkansas to build up bottom time. The "forum jump" will lead you to the "midwest muck divers" for local divers and where they go. With cold winter diving the messages are few and far between. Search 6 months back and you can read about local lakes. By next June, there will be more messages and divers to talk to.
If you and your fiancee can travel, the "forum jump" can show you the world! Cozumel diving is spectacular and you can see pictures of their Carnaval as well as read about hotels, restaurants and bars. . .
ScubaBoard can help with training, equipment, travel everything! Just search through the forum for everything you don't yet know about diving. If you discover a catfight between posters, look for their experience levels in the profiles and take it all with a grain of salt. "Life Support" is tossed around as a selling point to drive up prices. . . Life support is in hospitals not the muddy bank of a lake.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Check the New Divers forum, if you haven't....

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

Welcome to the Board! You know those sand dollars you find at the beach...well they might look like crackers but believe you me they don't taste like 'em.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

spirit_lupis:
Hello my fiancé and I just took and introduction to diving course and it really perked our interests. We are talking now about getting certified. I found the board and wanted to join to learn about diving. Thanks, hope to get to know you all better soon.
Good to hear that your interest was perked:D It sounds like you are just looking for some more reasons to get certified and go diving. Find a good instructor and you will be off to a great start. A group of locals that dive and can get you out also helps a lot. :icosm05: Where do the St. Louis locals dive anyway?
You will find this to be an addictive sport - but worth every bit of effort.

Back
Top Bottom